Sign in to follow this  

Cold weather riding gloves - suggestions

I'll be riding my valkyrie std. into the upper 20's (degrees). I need some gloves and the cheaper the better. Are snowmobile gloves less expensive (ski) ?

So far considering these http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=closeout&navTitle=Apparel-Street+Gear&webTypeId=233&webCatId=61&stockId=166213&prodFamilyId=19743 Any suggestions ?

Thanks, Shape

I have 3 pairs of winter gloves of varying thickness depending on how cold it is.

I started collecting them many Springs ago, when the local shops start putting them on sale to clear the shelves for Summer stuff.

Riding in the upper 20's?!?!? What are you nuts? Damn that's too frickin cold for me! Get a snowmobile....or a truck!

I've got a set of Cortech Winter Scarabs that I love....good down into the 20's. I have aset of A-stars winter gloves that are about as warm, but not as well armored.

Heated grips make the difference!

Riding in the upper 20's?!?!? What are you nuts? Damn that's too frickin cold for me!

👍 Same with me. In those temperatures I forget I even have a bike. :ride:

Heated grips are key, and cheaper than any insulated motorcycle specific glove.

Riding in cold temp. doesn't really bother me, as long as road surface are dry.

I usually wear a pair of latex/nitrile gloves inside my winter gloves, they keep the sweat from my hands getting the inside of the gloves wet.

Heated grips are convenient for shorter distance jaunts, they fail to provide heat for the back of hands, where most heat are lost from your digits.

I wear a pair of heated gloves that connects to my heated jacket liner, the combination warms up my torso, arms and hands.. along with a pair of chemical warmer pads and wool socks, I'm pretty happy to ride in low temp.

dogdays.jpg

RS_and_RT_next_to_ice.jpg

You guys are nuts for riding in such cold weather. I think heated grips are completely the way to go. Otherwise you cannot feel you fingers and that is no fun.