Sign in to follow this  

Boots question

What should I do? I recently bought a pair of mx boots and when I tried to ride they were to stif and they didn't fit under the shifter lever so it was a lost I'm possible to shift what shall I do?

Its common in a new pair of boots. As what he said above^ you can adjust the shifter. but other than that, its just a matter of wearing them and breaking them in

Wear them around the house,

when your walking out to get the mail

up and down the stairs ( if you have them)

mowing the lawn

washing the truck

sitting on the toilet doesn't count 👍

My boots were stiff when i first got them but the more u ride the more they will break in. One thing to be careful of if you do the hot water trick is that it could make the boots too flimsey which could result in injeries 👍

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I was also told that you could soak in a bathe tub with hot water thennwear them will speed up the process.

i heard people do this, get someone else to break them in for you

You really just got to wear them, if this is your first pair of brand new boots you will realize that this is a common problem among riders everywhere. New boots are awkward to ride in for sure. Good luck! 👍

Thanks everyone! I was also told that you could soak in a bathe tub with hot water thennwear them will speed up the process.

STOP.

Do you throw your new sneakers in the washing machine?

How about that new leather coat, do you toss it in the shower?

Why not?

Cuz it gets stiff and brittle, and water will shrink leather.

I know some people who swear by this method for their leather work boots, and for some reason, their boots fall apart in a short time. Reason is, doing this draws the oils out of the leather, leaving them dry and brittle, prone to cracking and damage.

yep i would just say wear them around the house. however my very first set of boots i just hopped on the bike and broke them while riding, but that is very uncomfortable though still effective.

Tie a string from your shifter to your hand grip. Make it tight, so you can pull it to up-shift, then downshift like normal.

Tie a string from your shifter to your hand grip. Make it tight, so you can pull it to up-shift, then downshift like normal.

Lol not feelin this one! But nice!