Sign in to follow this  

09 450 Running Rough Updated

Hi all

my 09 rmz 450 was running rought about a month ago...it would start but then it woukld cough backfire and would not rev out..

its issues got worse to the point it wounld not start...it had fuel and spark !!👍

the orginal loom had a few suspect bad wired so we replaced the loom and bingo it started first kick...ran mint for a week then the problems came back again.....

the wiring from the fuel pump was a little suspect so i rewired it , solidered it and heat shrank it...........bike ran perfect again....

now latest bit is i washed it yesterday.... dried it off fired it right up to dry it off..bike ran mint

went to track today and after 5 laps its back to running rough...backfiring coughing and not revving out..... i swapped the gear sensor, bottom coil with crank sensor and trottle position sensor.....stripped all connectors clean and inspected them..plug cap the lot...still no joy.....

wat do ye think....cdi going bad??? i am honestly lost on this

Why don't you swap the CDI from someone elses bike?

Yeah i bringing it to the main dealer tomorrow to see if they can find the problem. Im all outta ideas. Having a bike miss fire on the face of the 1 st double into a sx rythem section is not good at all