Free play issue with Rekluse EXP on 12' 300

I'm installing a EXP pro on my new 12' KTM300, no time on bike yet. I'm having issues with clutch free play . How far have you guys turned the set screw in , I'm at 2 turns now and afraid to put the cover back on and have the same thing happen. Doesn't work like an auto clutch and I have stripped a clutch cover screw NOT Happy at all!! I just used the clutch spring set up just like it came out of the box, medium engagement . Anyone got any tips ? I guess I'll call Rekluse in the morning.

I'm installing a EXP pro on my new 12' KTM300, no time on bike yet. I'm having issues with clutch free play . How far have you guys turned the set screw in , I'm at 2 turns now and afraid to put the cover back on and have the same thing happen. Doesn't work like an auto clutch and I have stripped a clutch cover screw NOT Happy at all!! I just used the clutch spring set up just like it came out of the box, medium engagement . Anyone got any tips ? I guess I'll call Rekluse in the morning.

Are you talking about the Core EXP? I just put one in my 2011 300 XC. I installed it exactly as the manual says. I found the starting point first, then went in 1 turn for break in roll on starts in 2nd and 3rd gear. After performing the break in procedure as described in the instructions, I took the cover off, loosened the set screws and backed all the way out on the adjuster. I then found the starting point again. I went 1 full turn plus 2 tick marks as stated in the instructions, tightened the set screws and put the cover back on. It works flawlessly. Free play is exactly as the instructions say it will be when I rev the bike in neutral with slight pressure on the clutch lever. I hope you get it set up right because this thing is incredible, at least in my experience. Good Luck.

• 2 months later...

I just installed a core exp on my 09. Only problem I had was over tightening the center clutch nut. Used impact wrench. Called rekluse and told me to torque nut to 50 ft-lbs, put everything back together and it worked like a champ.

Did you watch the video? Shows exactly how the free play works and how much you should have.

Good luck.

I'll take the EXP 2.0 plunge as well...but keeping the clutch lever....I tried the LHRB setup on my previous bike with a zStart and didn't like it at all....not being able to feather the clutch and rev the engine got me into trouble more than a few times, esp. on gnarly hills. I had the goofy brake reservoir clutch lever add-on that just didn't install easily and was awkward to reach, so I never used it.