Sign in to follow this  

KLX250S Carburetor

:banghead:Just removed the carb on my 2009 KLX 250S. Ready to install a jet kit but it looks like the last owner made a mess of the body. Does anyone know where I can buy a new body cheap or should I just buy a new completed assembly?

It doesn't look like the body is sold separately...only the complete carb...at least from Kawasaki...$362. Go over to this site and ask about a good used carb. Quite a few guys on this site have replaced the stock carb with a higher performance Mikuni or Keihin and may want to sell the OEM carb. Of course you could go that route on the performance carb too.

http://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/

I am not sure about the terminology but on the air filter side of the carb there seems to be two pin holes. One located at the bottom center and the other to the left of bottom center. The left hole is still there but surounded with the JB Weld. Maybe its a modification gone bad or its something that is normally done

Thanks TNC I will check out that link. Since I will be spending more $$ the idea of getting an upgrade sounds good.

Personally, I recommend getting a stock carb from ebay (or anywhere you can). Cheap, good on gas works fine.

A pumper carb can be tricky to get jetted correctly. It's also a lot of money for a little bit of improvement. Your fuel economy will suffer greatly. You'll probably end up needing a larger tank. The mods will start to snowball.

A good candidate for a pumper carb would be a motor with a 351 kit and some head work done, including new cams and a bigger fuel tank.

Dont know if it is the same - but I have a complete 34mm Keihin from my 94 KLX 250. Just missing the needle and seat - otherwise in good mechanical condition. Let me know and I will get # s off it..................