'01 WR426 Keihin carb fuel feed elbow leak

So after a period of inactivity on the bike with the fuel shutoff, when I turned the fuel back on it began to leak pretty heavily at the brass elbow where it feeds the bowl. Obviously the o-rings in there are old and were dried out, but they probably need replacement. I was just wondering if anyone has replaced them before, and if it's a pain before I go taking things apart.

I tried to look up the OEM replacement on TT, but it wasn't responding. Bike Bandit doesn't list them for sale. Anybody know size and grade? Thanks!

I just had that problem this weekend on my 01 WR426. It's a super easy fix. Take that one screw out and the elbow pulls out. There are three o-rings in there and they look to be all the same. I wanted to ride the next day and didn't feel like going to shop to shop to get the proper orings so I went to ACE Hardware and got a couple sizes of o-rings. The best fit was still a little too big outside diameter so I razor bladed around the outside circumference to make it smaller. Jammed it in there and it held up all day and it's still not leaking. I only replace one cause I was in a hurry. I didn't even do that great of a job slicing it down to size either. It looked like a stop sign....lol

<this is not something I normally do. I usually order the oem parts and fix it right but it worked and I had a great ride>

This guy has the orings online but you'll have to talk to him about shipping cause when you order online it wants to charge you $15 (put the dang things in a envelope!):

His part number I think: W9351-13057 o-ring for FCR

info@accu-products.com

I had the same problem last year with my WR 426 and just recently with my newly aquired WR 450. The O-rings are NOT available seperately through Yamaha but Honda sells the brass elbow with the O-rings (part# 16938-MEB-671) for under $10. This part is exactly the same as the Yamaha elbow because they both have Keihn FCR carbs. Its funny how some companies break out the parts while others won't.

I ran into this another time when I went to change break pads and damaged one of the metal clips that hold the pads in the caliper. My local dealer carries Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki/Suzuki and they did not have the Yamaha clips in stock. They could order them but the price was outrageous for what they were. Of course the counter guy just looked at me like what do you want to do ?? Then it occured to me, they all use the same calipers and brake pads for the most part. I had him look up the same part for a Honda CRF 450, Bingo!! In stock and a fraction of the cost of the Yamaha part. I even brought the original and it was exactly the same. Of cours these situations are rare but both times the counter guys were kind of surprised that I had even thought of crossing over to another manufacturer. I gues I've been reading too many Dennis Kirk and Rocky Mtn. ATV catalogs:busted:?

Edited by dustdogg

I had the same problem last year with my WR 426 and just recently with my newly aquired WR 450. The O-rings are NOT available seperately through Yamaha but Honda sells the brass elbow with the O-rings (part# 16938-MEB-671) for under $10. This part is exactly the same as the Yamaha elbow because they both have Keihn FCR carbs. Its funny how some companies break out the parts while others won't.

??

I did the same thing. I bought from Honda the whole carb o-ring and gasket kit for around $25 for the FCR then I replaced all the rubber parts in the carb and saved the the old rubber parts that were still good for Mid night pre race repair:thumbsup:

Had this same issue recently. I had a bunch of ORings but they were all too thick.

I used ORings which were too small (in diameter). Stretched them onto a pen so they stretched out to the bigger diameter, and as they did the profile got thinner. I butted the back end of the pen to the brass elbow and rolled them on. Was still a bit tight, but fit and has worked great.