Sign in to follow this  

Great its popping again

so I went out riding today for the second time after I got the bike rejetted. It ran great the first day i went out and almost all of today. Then with about 2 hours left it started popping really bad on decel. I am not sure but is it possible it is the gas last time we had sunoco 93 octane thistime we used giant 92. The manual says 95(I just found that out today). What else could it be? the first thing im doing is draining the tank and carb and putting in 93 maybe with some octane booster to get it to that 95

well it was a bit hotter when i rode it the first time but when i got to the track today i rode for almost 3 hours before i refilled and thats when it started popping and i tried both richer and leaner on the fuel screw.

The fuel octane isn't going to cause it. I run 91 octane with no problems and so does a lot of other people. Some popping on decel is normal. Do you have any exhaust leaks? Popping is more noticeable with a more open exhaust.

i dont think so but i will check. It does it on the stand to if you rev it a little like 1/4 turn of the throttle and let it go it pops pretty bad.

^^ I agree with the previous statement, my bike will pop on decel some while riding but rarely free reving look for an exhaust leak At the slip on joint, But also around the head, My bike got a nasty pop after i dropped it woods riding and i seen a hair line crack a few millimeters behind the flange where it mounts to the head.

i dont think so but i will check. It does it on the stand to if you rev it a little like 1/4 turn of the throttle and let it go it pops pretty bad.

No one rides on the stand.

You have a race bike, not a play bike. You should be hard on the gas or hard on the brakes, and never coasting.

Make sure you have no exhaust leaks.

ya i know it is a race bike it happened while i was out riding so i stopped i didn't want to cause any damage because that's an expensive fix.

Well i cleaned it up and found a crack almost all the way around the header. I am taking it to my friend to have it welded. why do so little shops know how to weld titanium?