Sign in to follow this  

my 02 ????

so rode my 02 rm 250 everyday this week after work for a good 20 mins

took her out sat..for a ride with a buddy

it was fine for the first 5 mins then all of a sudden it would just fall on its face everytime i gave it gas

my thought was it was lean stumble ...pilot problem idk

just dont understand why it ran perfect all week then all of a sudden done.....

any thoughts / ideas ???

maybe a stuck or siezed exhaust valve? sounds alot like what was happening on my buddys 99 RM. His bike had ZERO mid-top end power, it would just stop pulling all of a sudden. that or maybe you snapped one of the plastic bushings on your exhaust valve linkage? ive heard those things can break easily, and then your exhaust valve wont function.

I would start with the carb, mostly because it's easy to clean and check off as being good or bad. Also, this does sound like a fuel starvation problem to me. Carbs normally plug up slowly over time, but you never really notice it until it coughs and dies.

I would start with the carb, mostly because it's easy to clean and check off as being good or bad. Also, this does sound like a fuel starvation problem to me. Carbs normally plug up slowly over time, but you never really notice it until it coughs and dies.

thats what i think also...a fuel starvation problem

going to take carb off after work today

ok after work today i removed and cleaned the carb...

put her back in and same problem...falls right on its face with any jab of the throttle

so i removed the carb agian and installed my other carb that was off my 01 rm 250

also removed and cleaned my gas tank on/off valve lil intank filter thing

seems to be flowing plenty of fuel

ran it again with different carb ....same result

so i m now thinking its not fuel related...well not the carb anyway

any ideas what to check next???? im thinking i have a bad crank seal but no clue ...havent checked them yet

just wierd cause 3 months ago at the track i had this problem...ran great all day then all of a sudden it would want to throw me over the handlebars because when i would give her the beans it just fall on its face.

that day i shut it off and unpluged the tps and the powerjet ....started it back up and it ran great until this last sat..

since then i have check the tps and powerjet and the are fine...runs the same pluged in or unpluged now ..kinda lost at this point

ill check the reeds out tomorrow...have a fealing that isnt it but easy enough to inspect

i have fairly new rag cage in it so should be good

ok so today after work ...i checked out the reeds and put my oe carb back on

also check the mag sid crank seal with wd 40

didnt see anything wrong anywhere with anything lol

fired her up took it for a cruise and guess what she ran amazing again hahahah

what the &%$#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jeremyraptor

could be an electrical grimmlin, I would look at all the wiring to the CDI box make sure all the wires are in good shape and the connections are clean and corrosin free.