Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse EXP 2.0 in '08

Well, it's working great now.

Made three changes:

- put silver 'pre-load' springs on both sides of the EXP disc. Now it engages about 250 rpms sooner than before

- added a 'throttle tamer' G2 throttle tube. Slows the opening of the the throttle slide to a more 1: 1 ratio. Stock is about 1.7 to one over the first 1/3 of throttle opening.

-lowered the bars back down to only 7/8 higher than stock ( Protaper 1 1/8" OS bar risers)

....oh, and the Steg Pegs work great. Never got in the way, and they reminded me to 'squeeze' instead of 'death grip' on the bars.

Now it feels more MX-ish in the corners (lower cg), but more controllable in the sketchy uphills (slower throttle) and poor traction (lugs down lower before auto-clutch starts to feather the clutch).

A really great trail rider with balls when needed.!

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

I'm thinking of trying one of these next season. Good to hear it's working well for you.

I just ordered the rekluse exp through Rocky Mountain about 15 min ago. Won't get to try it out for a couple weeks since I just sent my suspension to Smart Performance this morning also. racing season starts at the end of the month and I'm doing all I can to get rid of the arm pump and make up for my lack of endurance.

I just ordered the rekluse exp through Rocky Mountain about 15 min ago. Won't get to try it out for a couple weeks since I just sent my suspension to Smart Performance this morning also. racing season starts at the end of the month and I'm doing all I can to get rid of the arm pump and make up for my lack of endurance.

You will like it.

I did not like the SP suspension work done on two of my WR's. Waaaaay to un-compliant, even after 3 trys and tons of phonecalls.

He likes to set it up with zero fork sag, which I don't care for.

Rode the KX out at Cal City today, about 50 miles. Although it's geared a little low, it worked great. Rekluse EXP was amazing. I also added a G2 throttle cam (tamer) which was great. The bike is so damn easy to ride. I really need to gear it up AND get more top end. I run out of power and gears so fast....I was getting passed by stock Honda X's once we hit 5th gear...

The EXP works so well. It allows me to make lots of mistakes and not even feel them, in regards to loss of traction. And once you are up at about 3k rpm or higher, the EXP is invisible.

Man, that bike is FUN!

DSCN8587.jpg