Sign in to follow this  

hoow much of a difference does 1 octane make and what about octane booster

so my bike ran great when i was running Sunoco 93 but when i put in giant 92 it was popping like crazy. would the difference in octane make that happen also I am apparently supposed to run 95 octane in my bike would it be ok to run octane booster? If so what is the best brand and how much would i mix.

93oct should be fine on any stock bikes, octane booster is just a waste of money. if you want more octane do a 50/50 mix of 93 and 110

octane booster is snake oil and often times only boosts the rating by .1 so 93 + booster =93.1 ( maybe 93.6 if you get a higher quality one ) not worth it , work on your jetting

the thing is it was running great for the first 3 hours that i rode but then started popping after i refilled my tank with the other gas. that was the only variable. the temp was pretty stead through out the day at 74-75*F the altitude didn't change (Its a track) is it possible the vavles could be out of spec?

Sounds like u just put shitty gas in the bike. Drain it and refuel with name brand gas