Sign in to follow this  

Will I need to adjust/rejet for Perry mountain enduro?

I have a 2008 WR250F and live in central florida. Elevation is approximately 100 feet above sea level. Bike runs good. My question is, if I go to perry mountain Alabama for an enduro, will I have to fool with the carburator when I get there? I don't feel comfortable doing so. Maybe adjusting the fuel/air screw, and idle, but that's about it. Thanks for any good information.

Depends.

How perfectly is your bike currently jetted? If it is a little lean, it may be fine. If it is a little rich, it might be fine too.

Sort of like asking someone if the money is your wallet is enough to go to Vegas with. We have no idea how much or what currency you have.

Chances are, oif you are happy with how your bike riuns (just like you feel you have enough cash) you will be fine.

BTW, the fuel screw is for idle only. If the bike idles poorly when hot, you may need to fine adjust it. Otherwise, leave it alone.

I guess I should be more specific. I am referring to the elevation change from 100 feet above sea level to whatever Perry mountain alabama's elevation is. I'm not sure how finicky carb jetting is. It runs great here in Florida.

Chances are it will be fine.

Unless you know how perfect (seat of the pants is typically 10% +/- accuracy - that is a 20% swing!!!) it is now, one cannot accurately predict how it will be in a different air density (a mix of temp, air pressure and humidity).

thanks ktmgeorge. I just don't want to get up there and have any suprises. I want to ride, not work on the bike.