Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse help 1 EXP 2.0 in a 2012 KTM 300 xc/w

I can't any free play at all. I put the bike in gear , pull in the clutch and it doesn't disengage , I can't let the clutch out to use as an auto clutch. I have changed to higher engagement to see if this helps , I have gone as far in as 2 1/2 turns and as little as 3/4 to get proper engagement. Now I'm wondering if I did my clutch plates stack correctly. I used like the sheet says 6 friction, 6 metal plates starting with the friction ending in metal, then the rekluse clutch disc. Am I maybe to take the 6th friction and metal plates and add them after the rekluse plate. Maybe only use 5 friction and metals. Just really at a lost on this one .Thank you for any help.

Did you screw the adjustment screw all the way to the "hard spot" where its harder to turn the allen wrench and then do the 1.25 turns from there? Its kinda tough to find that point, bit other than that, the setup sheet and diagram should be spot on.

When it made contact and can feel it get hard to turn I then counted from there the 1 1/4 turns . Should I turn it in more before counting turns ?

The best way to find the point for certain is to use an L shaped allen wrench. When you first start screwing in the adjustment screw, put the longer end of the allen into the hole so you have less leverage. It should turn the screw somewhat easily. Not super easy, but it shouldn't be flexxing the alden too much. You will hit a point where its very tough to turn with that little leverage, and the allen will start flexxing. Thats the hard spot. Then just put the short side into the hole, and do the 1.25 turns. If thats what you're already doing then I'm no help.

when I did mine, laying the bike on its side and taking the clutch apart let air into the clutch system, I had to pump the heck out of the lever a bunch of times to get the feel back, maybe you just need to bleed your clutch?

Mike

Mine only used 5 friction and 5 steel plates. Make sure you have that correct and the order correct. Also make sure you arent missing the throw out bearing or washer. Might be stuck to stock pressure plate.

there are 2 stages of resistance as you adjust the throwout. The first stage is pushing the fluid out of the slave cylinder, the second stage is the actual lifting of the pressure plate.

The lifting of the pressure plate will be much stiffer than the pushing of the fluid. The second or stiff phase will be where you want to start counting your turns. 1 turn plus 1/4 to 1/3 more.

Thanks all, I made a call the next day to Rekluse and found out I didn't have enough free play and needed to crank in the 2 mmset in way more,don't be scared they said lol. works great now, can't wait to it the trail now.