Sign in to follow this  

Can a DR350 throttle housing be used on a DR350S ?

Had a crash and my 1990 DR350S throttle housing snapped off at the neck. Now DR350 dirt have a two cable throttle while the DR350S street only uses one cable.

Can I use the DR350 throttle housing on my DR350S any how?

Had a crash and my 1990 DR350S throttle housing snapped off at the neck. Now DR350 dirt have a two cable throttle while the DR350S street only uses one cable.

Can I use the DR350 throttle housing on my DR350S any how?

You should be able to use the 2-cable throttle assembly, just don't bother with the 2nd cable.

Thanks Jude. I think I am able to repair my broken one with J.B. Weld. Like an idiot I was looking all day around my garage for the broken end piece but in the end found it attached to the throttle cable because the throttle cable threads into it. Big relief and DUH moment.

Let me know how you make out with the swap/repair.

I have a complete '91 single cable throttle setup for the stock S model BST33 carb that you can have if you really need it.

my jb weld repair did not hold up to screwing the throttle end into the housing :worthy:

thanks for the offer bob but I already ordered this off ebay. looks the same to me.

$(KGrHqJ,!lIE6GBY93y!BOjhUwbG4w~~60_3.JPG

Yup, looks just like the one I have.

I could never understand wiring the grips to the tube when starting fluid works so much better, both for installing and removing aftermarket grips. :ride:

Good luck with the Fuel Injection. Looks like quite a project. :thumbsup: