Sign in to follow this  

rear shock swaping

Shock will work, linkages are different. If you want to use the linkage for the 250X just be sure to measure the unloaded ride height with the CR componets first then compare that with the 250X parts. Hopefully that will be the same, if it's only off a few MM's then that can be adjusted by changing the race sag measurement.

Well I just finished swapping everything over a from the x to my r

as a matter of fact the sag was the same 105mm without gear. Only thing seems is like my static sag is not as much how much static should I have?

The sag being the same between the two setups is only a good thing as long as the actual ride height is the same. Did you measure both?

You really should reassemble the complete CR shock/linkage and measure from the axle centerline to a point on the subframe so you have a starting point for the rear ride height. Once the 250X componets have been installed, make the same measurement to insure that it is the same. Many handling gremlins can be traced to improper rear ride height which is why setting race sag is so important. When changing all of the componets, you need to know that you are starting at the correct unloaded height for the standard race sag to be appropriate.