Sign in to follow this  

Best Aftermarket Radiators

Hey everyone I am looking to replace the radiators on my 09 450R. The stock ones are pretty weak and keep getting bent even with works connection braces. Because of the cooling cores getting crushed in my bike overheats alot especially becuase i race desert. I know about the high pressure caps and will be getting one with my new radiators. Ive been looking at the Mishimoto radiators they say they have better cooling and are stronger then stock. Are these a good choice? What is everyone using?

idk what kind of works connection braces you have but my buddy was in your same boat about 6 months ago.

He just had the front radiator guards not the "full" kit that included the brace from the outside edge of the radiators to the frame. Ended up bending left side and breaking the right side beyond repair.

Bought some Chinese ones off E-Gay and have not looked back. They are probably 25% bigger than OEM and only cost him 120$ shipped. He can buy 3 sets while someone else can only but 1 set of the floyodynes..

They have held up great so far.. We to woods racing on East coast btw so trees are not our friends 👍

for the amateur racer i don't think $$ radiators will make a difference. Unless you big is all tricked out with a high flo pump, big bore kit, etc..

I forgot to ask if you were reffering to best aftermarket rediators with unlimited budget or best ones for the money..

I just bought a set of the Mishimoto X braced radiators for my 2011 crf450r. I had the same thing keep happening to me, I was bending my radiators up even with WC braces. Hell, I even bent the WC bracket that you bolt to the brace. Anyways, the Mishimoto Radiators are top notch and carry a lifetime warranty. I ordered mine through motosport.com and got them for 188.99 a piece. They don't carry them in stock, but you can call and have them order you a set.

Can you post a pic of the mishimoto x radiators in person.I was considering buying a set of them but would like to see someone who actually got a set.Ive had bad luck with fluidynes on my past 2 bikes and dont want to make that mistake again.Otherwise I would go with ICW but seeing as im actually missing part of my rad it cant be fixed.haha.

I habve gotten a few sets of ASI radiators off Ebay and their hose kits. Nothing but good things to say. they are like $120 a set now.

Can you post a pic of the mishimoto x radiators in person.I was considering buying a set of them but would like to see someone who actually got a set.Ive had bad luck with fluidynes on my past 2 bikes and dont want to make that mistake again.Otherwise I would go with ICW but seeing as im actually missing part of my rad it cant be fixed.haha.

I'll post a pic of them on thursday evening, I am out of town until then.

Champion rads in ca. Thats were i bout my new ones at , around 160 for the set. And i`v had no problems with them. Bike runs cool ,and dose not over heat any more. I use WC. gaurds , the sides of the rads. are heaver then the stock rads ,and should hold up better to any high side that i get my self in to oopps.

I'll post a pic of them on thursday evening, I am out of town until then.

Just didnt want to let you forget about that pic.Thanks a bunch.