Sign in to follow this  

Washington Batey Bould?

Hello,

My son and I would like to ride from Batey Bould to LPO and back. We normally ride LPO all the time but I'm concerned that it may be to difficult for him. He has rode all the trails at LPO except Granite Peak. We figured we would camp at Batey Bould and take pre-mix with us. Ride to Beaver creek, fill up with fuel, have lunch and then ride back. I figured it would be a long day ride (is 8 hrs a good guess?). Does anyone know what the easiest way would be for us to take (do you have directions?) I'm thinking about doing it by the end of the month before the snow comes. Anyone want to join us?

Thanks!

I think I might have GPS logged from my trip to Batey/LPO and back, but I'm not sure. How skilled is your son? What's he riding?

Just got back from a weekend of riding there. Conditions ccouldnt be any better. Perfect weather. Colors where amazing. Hardly saw anyone. Love that place but lots of driving :-(

I'm riding a 2012 KTM 300 XC-W and my son is riding a 2005 Kawasaki KDX 200. As far as skilled he can ride everything at LPO but has never done the Granite Peak trail.

Thanks for the link to the map.

Is there camping at Batey Bould?

Thanks again!

The map looks pretty straight forward. I do have a few questions though:

Are the trails marked well?

Where at LPO does the 306 dump you out at?

Of course we need to get to Beaver Lodge to fuel up (bike and body).

Thanks again!

There isn't any camp sites right at the BB trail head but there are places close by to camp. If he can handle LPO he should be fine on BB, just don't go up Tacoma Peak from the south side!

I'm close and I'd be game for a ride up there, you might also send a PM to r4sbergxr600 as he knows the area very well and is close also.

There isn't any camp sites right at the BB trail head...

Is that just a day site? We camped there a couple nights.

That is what I want to do too. I don't need anything (power, restrooms, etc). I juat want a place to park and stay the night with out getting into trouble.

There is a bathroom, campfire rings, and LOTS of parking. I don't think they want ya there longer than a few days, but it didn't look like a weekend worth of use was bothering anybody.

It's not that bad of a journey up to the Beaver Lodge. A couple loose hill climbs, but nothing that should stop anybody. When ya get up there, ya sorta come out into a closed campground area...ya have to find your way thru the maze of trails to the road, or just follow the campground road out. Turn right when ya hit the road (ask Schrode how I know 👍 ) Beaver Lodge is a block or two.

BTW, you're lucky if ya get Tana as your waitress. :ride: Good food, good scenery, good down home folk.

A couple yrs ago..we took a trail up there that has a steep hill climb(i am talking its straight up and down) with broken cinder blocks the whole way and deep walker style ruts and step ups. Its about a good 70 yrs long? My brother was leading and i didnt know where we where. We went down that sucker and all I could think is theres no way getting up it because theres no way to get momentum cus of a turn at bottom. Without someone pushing me and frying the clutch that is. Anyone know this one or has it been fixed?

A couple yrs ago..we took a trail up there that has a steep hill climb(i am talking its straight up and down) with broken cinder blocks the whole way and deep walker style ruts and step ups. Its about a good 70 yrs long? My brother was leading and i didnt know where we where. We went down that sucker and all I could think is theres no way getting up it because theres no way to get momentum cus of a turn at bottom. Without someone pushing me and frying the clutch that is. Anyone know this one or has it been fixed?

Schrode, Wonderspoon and I went up that hill this summer. It's doable...took a couple tries, and some coaxing.

Schrode, Wonderspoon and I went up that hill this summer. It's doable...took a couple tries, and some coaxing.

Well it was on a honda cr 250 with worn out knobbies, i keep forgetting my wr with trials tires is like cheating:thumbsup:

So I take its still beat up then?

Well it was on a honda cr 250 with worn out knobbies, i keep forgetting my wr with trials tires is like cheating:thumbsup:

So I take its still beat up then?

Yeah, it was really loose, and the ecology blocks didn't make for the best line. Wonderspoon and his trials tire almost cleared it. Schrode and I horsed our bikes up.

I don't want to go there 👍

Very cool riding. Youll love it. Words of experience of that place... Dont let nice weaher decieve you up there. We started out once on an 80 degree day with zero cloads. Nasty storm rolled in outta nowhere and we got slammed with a hail storm from hell. Weather can change on a dime out there:banana:

Now there's some moisture in the soil, I figure that climb won't be an issue. It was just loose and dry in August.

Is this a spot my son and I will need to cross to ride to LPO?

Is this a spot my son and I will need to cross to ride to LPO?

yep, but don't let it scare ya. It's really not that bad...we were up and past it in a few minutes. and none of us have aspirations of AA. 👍