Sign in to follow this  

Predator 500 vs Suzuki z400

I'm looking at either a 2003 Polaris Predator 500 or 2004 Suzuki Z400 to buy, both are in good running condition. Which do you all think I should buy.

Oh and most of my riding will be trail and woody like terrain with maybe some occasional field riding for a lil if we can find one, but nothing like big dune trips or anything.

The Predator will of course be faster, but the transmissions isn't great on the 03 models. The Suzuki is pretty much bullet proof, I have owned one and loved it, and would be better for the type of riding you have described, due mainly to the narrower stance. My vote is for the z400.

Thank you, yeah i was leaning more towards the z cuz ive heard good things about them, but saw what seemed like a good deal on a predator and i didn't really know much about them so I wanted to know if any of the members did.

i have a z all stock that will easily keep up wth big bore sport quads in the wood. In the fields there alittle faster but i know i can take a predator in a drag

The z will be faster and have a more aggressive feel, but the Honda's are a pretty good bike to. The earlier z (03-04) had some frame problems were it would crack the weld on the front suspension brakett and the rear axle would bend. Many fixed the axle problem but the frame is harder to fix. I would choose the best deal.

the 400ex was ragged out. I got the z, and took it out this weekend and loved it. Thanks everyone for the help and input.