Sign in to follow this  

Am I the only one who has this problem?

Finding adult boots that come in size 6! I was looking at answer podiums but the smallest size is 7! Does anybody know how the sizing runs on these? 👍

I wear a 7.5 in womens tennis shoes

My current (but old) Fox boots are a ladies size 6. I wear a 7 or 7-1/2 shoe. I'm not sure I could get men's boots small enough. My husband wears a men's size 8 shoe and wears a size 7 in AlpineStars.

Finding adult boots that come in size 6! I was looking at answer podiums but the smallest size is 7! Does anybody know how the sizing runs on these? 👍

I wear a 7.5 in womens tennis shoes

Adult sizing usually starts at a mens size 7. Occasionally you will find them in a 6.5....but not in MX gear. Usually a 6 is kids, and 7 and up is adult.

I am worried about buying kids size 6 because of the height of the boot. They need more womens boots

My daughter wears a woman's size 7 shoe and her boots are Youth Size 6. However, I too, wear a woman's size 7 shoe, and I tried on her boots once. They fit great until I tried to ride with them on, and then my toes were cramped and touching the end of the boot.

My boots I bought used and are a size 8. They fit well everywhere but the toe area, it's a bit too roomy but I have learned to make do with them. They are Alpinestars, hers are Fly Mavericks. I believe, I need a size 7 for a perfect fit. My feet are very narrow, so are my daughters. If I had wider feet, perhaps the size 8 I have now would fit even better. The extra room in the toe area makes it hard to shift up at times, but I double up my socks to take up the slack some inside the boot. I don't even notice it much anymore, as I've grown used to them now. But when I go to replace them someday, will buy a size 7 instead.

Hope this info helps you out.

So you wear a womens 7 in tennis shoes but you're wearing men size 8 boots? I want answer podiums but the smallest they come in is men size 7 and i wear a womens size 7.5 usually girls go down a size and a half if they are buying mens boots that's why i'm concerned about the fit.

So you wear a womens 7 in tennis shoes but you're wearing men size 8 boots?

From what I can tell....that is correct. All the youth boots end at size 6. My boots are men's boots (not ladies). I wear women's size 7 tennis shoes. Usually that would be a men's size 5 shoe. But boots must be sized differently.

Maybe someone else can shed light for us.

Edited by leadfoot70ss

Both Gaerne and Alpinestar have adult sized boots down to size 6, but they won't be inexpensive. I have always worn a ladies size 8 and a mens size 6 for the longest time, but lately I have had to step up to a mens size 7 in motocross boots. I think that they are running smaller these days. I have a pair of size 8 ladies Fox Comp 5 boots and those fit perfectly. maybe my feet are starting to spread out, because my old size 6 mens Gaernes are too cramped now. I doubt if they could have shrunk.👍

I run around a 6.5 both for boots and sneakers. I found a pair of gently used boots on Fleabay that much to my relief had the different sizes listed. Euro, mens, and if you are a lady these are size 6.5. Bingo! Bought them and they fit perfectly.

It helped me a lot to look on line for a conversion table. You can find them that will convert women's sizes to men's and vice versa. Good luck in your search.

My Fox Comp5s are a womens size 10 and I normally wear a size 10 in reg. shoes...sometimes a 9 1/2 depending on the brand. Not sure if you are looking into Fox's boots but I like my boots.

I'm new to all this but I just got Fox Comp3s that are Youth 7 - Euro 40(cm?) - and I wear a 7 or 7.5 in whatever shoes I put on. They're exactly the same height as the 'adult-size' boots I tried of some other kind but the foot part fits really well. I like wide shoes but my feet swim around in men sizing.

Sometimes I find pictures more helpful. So here is a comparison of my size 8 mens Alpinestar Boots and my daughters youth size 6 Fly Boots.

Pic 1: Height different between men/youth boot:

299390_2329146340717_1011475053_32331759_1906932982_n.jpg

Pic 2: Toe size difference, not much longer, just wider thru the toe area on the adult boot.

296926_2329146700726_1011475053_32331761_125592308_n.jpg

Pic 3: Just an overview of both boots for size. I have mine adjusted loose at the top to fit my knee/shin guards inside along with my in-boot pants.

299908_2329146940732_1011475053_32331762_1285800478_n.jpg

IMO - the boots appear to be sized way different than regular shoes. So maybe give the men's size 7 a try that you are looking at!