Sign in to follow this  

yz 125?

I am 180 pound rider and currently own a yz250 and I don't like how heavy it is, and just prefer handling a 125. Would a yz 125 be enough power for me?

I've known heavier people who ride them and enjoyed it.

You'll probably be shifting and using the clutch a lot, especially at the track.

Best thing you can do is go ride one to see if you like it better.

Yup my 125 with port and polish and head worked gets around the track pretty darn quick with my 225lb (before gear) butt in the saddle. Believe it or not Im only a little under 2 secs a lap slower than on my 250 which I dont think is much at all when considering my weight.

I'm 48 and weigh 185, have an 05 with eric gorr's 144.....I have a blast every time I ride! I'm no good but I still have fun:)

I'm a 53 yr old guy that weighs 180 been riding a stock YZ 125 for 5 years and still love it! Lots of fun, lite weight, easy to work on and cheap to maintain. Now if I had some extra cash a new KTM 150 would probably be in the garage.....

I'm about 185 and my YZ134 gets me around pretty quick. Lacks the bottom end of a 250, but has killer top and mid.

I cant imagine a 125 doing anything less.

I'm 46 years old, 5'5" and weigh 140lb. I'm faster than these other guys who have to haul their beer bellies around!👍

I'm 46 years old, 5'5" and weigh 140lb. I'm faster than these other guys who have to haul their beer bellies around!:ride:

I don't drink, just a little taller 👍

I'm 220 and went from a 450 to a YZ125. Tons of fun no matter where I'm riding. It's like riding a mountain bike compared to that 450.

I'm 220 and went from a 450 to a YZ125. Tons of fun no matter where I'm riding. It's like riding a mountain bike compared to that 450.

sorry for jacking this thread but i saw that you have epic fail written on your signature next to the 450. did it blow up?

Just sold my 08 yz450f to get this 125 monkey off my back. Its peaked my curiosity long enough, so I picked up an 04 yz125 and resprung it for 200lbs. Have only test driven it on street. Feels like once moving, that little motor wont have a problem. I bought this strictly for exercise. Its the treadmill or a 125 👍.

If it absolutley sucks ill buy a 250, but I really don't see that happening. Going to the track this week.

sorry for jacking this thread but i saw that you have epic fail written on your signature next to the 450. did it blow up?

Kind of. Main shaft snapped. I think it's the main shaft. It's the one the clutch mounts on. Basically my clutch fell off. I've kept up on maintenance this is the 2nd time it has had a catastrophic failure. The first time a crank bearing let go for no reason and destroyed most of the top and bottom end. Luckily it was under the warantee the first time, but it's not anymore so now it's in about 1000 pieces in my garage until I come up on a few hundred extra dollars to fix it.

Kind of. Main shaft snapped. I think it's the main shaft. It's the one the clutch mounts on. Basically my clutch fell off. I've kept up on maintenance this is the 2nd time it has had a catastrophic failure. The first time a crank bearing let go for no reason and destroyed most of the top and bottom end. Luckily it was under the warantee the first time, but it's not anymore so now it's in about 1000 pieces in my garage until I come up on a few hundred extra dollars to fix it.

i had a 08 crf 450 that threw a rod out the cases. it was gonna be more than a few hundred bucks to fix so i said screw it no more 4 strokes. i've had my yz 125 for 4 years and the worst thing that happened is the clutch basket broke and took out my main shaft but it only cost 400 dollars to fix. 4 strokes are fun and easy to ride but i think they're to expensive to own and maintain for the average weekend warrior. i learned that one the hard way.