Sign in to follow this  

Best mods for 2011 bike

Honestly, I wish someone would come up with a mod to make them start on one kick, gets embarrassing at times, My buddy's have CRF450's and they start on one kick, my 2011 is going to get a throttle insert, Yosh slip on and a remap over the winter, I am thinking a remap might help starting, because even when I shut off the bike for less then 1/2 hr it needs the enrichener pulled out to start on about 3 -4 kicks. I get so jealous to see the CRF450's start on one kick ALL the time.

Chet

Honestly, I wish someone would come up with a mod to make them start on one kick, gets embarrassing at times, My buddy's have CRF450's and they start on one kick, my 2011 is going to get a throttle insert, Yosh slip on and a remap over the winter, I am thinking a remap might help starting, because even when I shut off the bike for less then 1/2 hr it needs the enrichener pulled out to start on about 3 -4 kicks. I get so jealous to see the CRF450's start on one kick ALL the time.

Chet

Chet give it short quick kicks like a 125 and it will start way easier than big full kicks. That's what I did on my '10 and now on the '12.

I've always found that with honda's you need to get the kickstarter all the way to the top and give it a deliberate full boot and they always start. Have seen too many people try to fire one of my bikes like a two stroke and it just doesn't work. Every bike does seem to have a personality though so you many wanna try some different starting procedures. My 11 250 starts just as good as my 09 450

I just got my 2011 crf250r a few weeks ago and raced it this passed weekend. The bike is good but I agree on the starting it sometimes takes 5-6 kicks??????

If i get the Yoshi pipe is it worth getting just the slip on or the Full Sys?

Its hard to start because it gets too much fuel. Every notice why it idles so high and takes like 5 seconds to churn down. A remap will fix that. If my bike takes more than 3 kicks its abnormal. I would like to list what ive done to my bike for power: full fmf 4.1 rct, remove backfire screen, air 4orce intake (short stack) remap. race gas. My bike is awesome and i love it. I loved it so much i just bought another 2011. I put an air 4orce on it hoping to get more bottom which was my last mod, what an awesome piece of equipment. My bike revved so much more free. Its kind of weird to describe. But my fav mod to date. I didnt remap it because eddie didnt return my emails. it still ripped. After putting it on no joke. I had 4 holeshots out of 6 motos. Im usually a bit slow off the line as I weigh 180. And my competitors in int class are like 140.