Sign in to follow this  

Holy crap. Couldn't believe it!!!

Shipped my household in June including my XR277 (empty tank) to Hawaii from Washington D.C.. So it is October now and I got the bike out for the first time. Took the carb off and there was nothing to see there. Took the plug out and wiped it with a cloth. Installed both turned the gas on (new) and it fired the very first kick!!!!

Just goes to show how good maintenance and how bullet proof these bikes are.

Shipped my household in June including my XR277 (empty tank) to Hawaii from Washington D.C.. So it is October now and I got the bike out for the first time. Took the carb off and there was nothing to see there. Took the plug out and wiped it with a cloth. Installed both turned the gas on (new) and it fired the very first kick!!!!

Just goes to show how good maintenance and how bullet proof these bikes are.

I've seen some really cool helmet cam vids from riders over there. Some gnarly single track. Hope you get some good riding in. 👍

My one XR sat for 7 years with no fuel in it. A quick oil change and some fresh gas was all it needed to run. It fired on the third kick and went for it's first ride within an hour of getting it home.

Yeah I can't wait to start riding over here. I will take the son with me a couple of times and then hit the single track by myself. Gonna ride at least three of the other Islands while I am here.