Sign in to follow this  

Building the Perfect Beast (for a fat old guy)

As my 444 is in pieces, I borrowed my son's "WR310" this past weekend for a ride in the Los Padres National Forrest. First time I had ridden the bike since we put it together, and all I have to say is "HOLY SCHNIEKIES!!!" this thing is unbelievable. Fantastic torque, run a gear higher than you think you should without an issue, not as "busy" as the 250...too bad for him...I think it will be mine now. Perfect for a fat, old guy who's not as fast as he once was.

Details of the build:

Luke's Racing big bore kit and stroker crank. Note that the stroker crank is only available for the 03 & up YZs, not the WRs. That created some problems in maintaining the lighting coil (it's plated in CA, so that's important) Ended up using an Electrolux YZ stator with a 35W lighting coil and a 10 Oz Steahly flywheel weight. Also used the YZ CDI box. Anyway, back to the build...13.5:1 compression piston, o-ringed cylinder, new OEM valves and springs (and seats cut), some port work by Agent Smith Racing (really just some clean up), Hot Cams stage 1 cams, JD jet kit, and a stock YZ exhaust with a PMB end cap/spark arrestor.

Pics of the bike are in my garage, but I didn't take any pictures of the motor going together...I could scan the receipts and post them if ya want...

Receipts aren't necessary! That was Swede just being excitable...and wanting pics, that's all

Yeah just excited. I get like that sometimes without my meds. J/k... Let's see it!!

Uhm, won't it look like an ordinary WR unless you have some sort of Superman vision? 👍

Maybe to the average Joe but a highly trained eye, such as mine, would be able to notice what size jets are in a carb just by looking at the outside of it. Just kidding I don't notice shit, just ask my ol' lady after she gets her hair done. Damn it woman!! Your hair looks exactly the same as yesterday except we are now $100 poorer!