Sign in to follow this  

ttr pipe airbox info

so im totally new here and yes i have searched a lot of this forum all really good info, but here goes my story/ question.

i just got a 03 ttr125l from a good friend of mine for $400 it is running a nd in good shape, he had tried to sell it to another buddy of mine that was a big fellow and needless to say when i got it all was good for about 2 days. it started smoking and im pretty sure it was the rings and or top end but anyway it is now in the shop getting that addressed. so onto my question, i got a pro circuit t4 for it and im gonna do the airbox mod. but as far as jetting vie read alot of different and i do understand you ask a person what the best truck is and you'll get 7 different answers but from what i can figure out this is how i was gonna jet it and i was curious if it sounded right to YOU PROS lol

we r going with the size up so it'll be more like a 127-130cc now as for everything else it will be stock

17.5 with a 112.5

ive also herd go to a 20 but i dunno thats where you all come in any help would be greatly appreciated

hey also is a 15t front too much for this bike

Unfortunately I can't give you a definitive answer to either of your questions. There are just too many variables when it comes to jetting and gearing. Elevation and slight variations from bike to bike mean's what works for one bike, may not be ideal for another bike. I have two TTR's and both have the same mods but ideal jetting is different. One is jetted with a 17.5 pilot and a 110 main, the other has a 20 pilot and a 107.5 main so the best jetting advice I can give you is a "ball park" figure. I would sugest you start with a 17.5 pilot and a 110 main but also pick up a 20 pilot, a 107.5 main and a 112.5. Gearing is also subjective as to what you will be using the bike for, the 15T is great for dirt roads but may not be ideal for tight dirt tracks so you may have to experiment to find what works best for you.