Sign in to follow this  

showa twin chamber oil change

you can change the oil in the outer chamber, yes.

but the inner chamber is for damping and this is where you really need fresh oil!

bought some forks on ebay that appear to be in good condition, reputable seller that i've purchased from many times in the past...stated that they forks were drained for shipping... but he stated "I opened the top cap and poured the oil out" which I assume means he only drained the inner tube... the fork center bolt is such a bitch on these forks I'd rather not touch one for the time being...

bought some forks on ebay that appear to be in good condition, reputable seller that i've purchased from many times in the past...stated that they forks were drained for shipping... but he stated "I opened the top cap and poured the oil out" which I assume means he only drained the inner tube... the fork center bolt is such a bitch on these forks I'd rather not touch one for the time being...

depends if he opened up the "big" one, 50mm fork cap or the "long" 19mm base valve assembly, also located at the top of the fork.

if he opened the 50mm cap, there might come little bit of oil though he drained it

if he opened the 19mm assembly, the fork would behave like a pogo stick. no rebound...