Sign in to follow this  

CRF150F or KLX140L

I'm looking into buying a new bike and I've pretty much narrowed it down to the CRF150F and the KLX140/L. I have only owned a PW50 for many years and have ridden an old postie bike many times so I'm a quite capable rider but nothing special. I want a bike that will last me many years as i do not plan to get another bike after this one (ill just repair this bike when needed). Im 15,5'1 and 108 pounds. I will be riding only on trail but nothing crazy and will only ride 4 or 5 big rides a year. Price isn't really a worry as I want a bike that will last me a long time. I'm leaning towards getting the CRF but the only problem is it will probably be to heavy for me. Any help will do, thanks.

I ride with two friends who have a klx 140 and a crf 150. The crf is a little bit heavy but you don't notice the weight too much unless you spill but that won't happen much because the bike is really easy to ride. It is also bullet proof. My friend has done everything imaginable to it and it still fires right to life after. Th klx 140 it a really good bike too. It is smaller than the crf so if you want the bike for a while, I would go with the crf.The klx is also very durable but i don't think it is as durable as the CRF. overall, you should go and sit on each bike and see how it feels but I would pick the CRF but thats just me.

Yeh thanks I think im going to get the CRF but I'm going to some stores on he weekend and Ill find out for sure.

The 140L is better bike for a mom, the 150 for a kid haha.

All 140l's are estart

disk brake

nice pegs

central gas tank

The 150f has a throatier motor and better ergos for a bigger/faster guy.

Yeh looks like I'm going for the crf. Does anyone know when the 2012 model is released if it hasn't been yet?

I had an '09 KLX140L Monster Edition, and you want to talk about durable/reliable this is your bike.They are both air-cooled 4-stroke singles, so they are both pretty much the same in maintenence/reliability.The 140 is lighter/more nimble.

drum rears on the 150, not sure *** honda is doing putting those on a bike, even chinese bikes have disks in the back

drum rears on the 150, not sure *** honda is doing putting those on a bike, even chinese bikes have disks in the back

yep, just dumb, but after riding both, I know the crf is a much more enduro oriented bike then just a play bike compared with the klx:thumbsup:

Uhm, I would get neither if you don't want to get a bike for the rest of your life after. Their both pretty small. I'm 5'6 and I outgrew a 150f. Get an xr 200 or something along those lines.

Uhm, I would get neither if you don't want to get a bike for the rest of your life after. Their both pretty small. I'm 5'6 and I outgrew a 150f. Get an xr 200 or something along those lines.

i would get a bigger bike but i'm not going to be doing much more growing as i'm not too far off my dad, i reckon end up about 5'4 - 5'5

I've spent some time on both and had a good time,but the CRF150 was just all around better unless the e-button is your thing.Now when my girls hit your age and height they will be riding either a big wheel 85,100,105,125,2stroke but they are girls not boy's. 👍

I've spent some time on both and had a good time,but the CRF150 was just all around better unless the e-button is your thing.Now when my girls hit your age and height they will be riding either a big wheel 85,100,105,125,2stroke but they are girls not boy's. 👍

well your kids are lucky you support them on getting a dirt bike, wish my parents felt the same ahaha

well your kids are lucky you support them on getting a dirt bike, wish my parents felt the same ahaha

My kids are blessed but they are not slackers.I have a standard that will not be crossed.Now the price difference in these bikes are all around the same price crf150,klx140,85,100,and so on.What fits for you is whats important.