Sign in to follow this  

New KDX 220 Owner: Silencer Identification Question

I recently bought a 1998, KDX 220. This is the third bike in my stable, and the first Kawasaki I have ever owned. :ride: The first owner installed a Baja Designs, Dual Sport Kit, so my bike is licensed for street use in Idaho. 👍 Examining the paperwork and receipts that came with this bike, I discovered my motorcycle has the following parts installed.

94-96 KX 500 Forks (43mm) and triple tree, with new fork seals

Boyesen Power Reeds

Pro Circuit Platinum Header

Wiseco 750M-Series Piston

Fly Racing Aero Tapered Handlebars

Ram Ball Mount

Moose Racing/MSR Skid Plate

Moose Racing Tool Bag

Devol Radiator Guards

Twin Air Filter

Factory Effex Seat Cover

However, after examining my silencer, I could not find any writing on it to identify it. Poking a coat hanger into the end of the silencer, I hit an obstruction, so I assume this silencer has an internal spark arrestor. Can anyone help me identify this silencer? Thank you. :worthy:

KDX220repairsession1003.jpg

Spud :worthy:

it looks like a FMF with a different exhaust tip installed.

Thank you for your help, gentlemen. :ride: I also thought it was an FMF silencer, but it doesn't have any writing whatsoever stamped on it! 👍 I recently had several people tell me they believe this is an older, Pro Circuit, spark arrestor. The original owner installed a Pro Circuit, Platinum header, so I wouldn't be surprised if he also installed a Pro Circuit silencer. :worthy:

Spud :worthy: