Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki 2003 suzuki lt160

I have a suzuki lt160 and I have a question about the air cleaner assembly. The lt160 didn't have the air filter, filter cage. just an empty airbox. Should I get the factory cage and filter ? Most importantly, does the filter cage hook into the tube from the carb? I can't see how it goes together or how the filter would stay in place. My carb tube is kinda dangling outside of the airbox as well. It doesn't seem to have much of a lip on the airbox for the tube to attach to, so I thought maybe the tube and filter cage would maybe connect. I have looked at the parts schematic but it doesn't explain much.

Thanks in advance

I had no idea they still made the LT-160 that late. I thought they finished up with that one in the early 90s.

Get the factory box/filter assembly, unless you want to mess around with air/fuel mixtures.

The tube connects to the box onto the small lip and requires a spring that goes around it to hold the tube securely to the airbox. You definety need the cage with the stock filter because it hooks inside the airbox with a wire clip type mechanism.

Read my post here:

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10812409#post10812409

There is a link there to RonAyers with exploded parts diagrams for your bike. It will show you what parts you will need to buy to make your airbox/filter right.

UR2SILLY