Sign in to follow this  

New EVS neck brace

Is the new evs brace thats supposed to come out pretty soon a neck brace or just a hopped up donut? It looks like a donut to me but not sure just by looking at the pics online.

It looks like it would be too small to fully protect. But its hard to tell by the pics. Do you like the looks of yours freds4? Do you feel like it would protect you as well as a leatt would? Just trying to get ideas on which way I want to go, gonna be laying the rc evo down soon and getting me a new brace of some sorts.

Freds4, what is it made of? Is it a hard foam or plastic? Or a combination?

Freds4, what is it made of? Is it a hard foam or plastic? Or a combination?

A combination. The white top of the brace is soft and squishy, the black part underneath is hard like the Leatt.

I tried it on with my helmet and I think it is going to work very well. I have been wearing a Leatt since they were invented; this brace gives you more freedom of movement but still feels like it will do its job just fine.

Look's like it must be used with the harness.That's one reason i love my old EVS RC-1 brace,roost guard hold's it down with NO problem's.This newer version look's very light and comfortable though!!Gonna have to give it a test drive!!

how do you think it will be on your collarbone? i have a leatte but wont wear it anymore because of breaking my collarbone to many times with it. the alpinestar is better for this but i havent bought one yet.

Have you had a chance to try out your neck brace out yet?

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot.:ride:

I loved it! It allowed a bit more freedom than the Leatt but still did a great job of limiting flexion of my neck. It was comfortable and I wore it that day without a chest protector so I used the strap harness that came with it to hold it down. It was very effective and I didn't notice it while riding.

:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot.:ride:

I loved it! It allowed a bit more freedom than the Leatt but still did a great job of limiting flexion of my neck. It was comfortable and I wore it that day without a chest protector so I used the strap harness that came with it to hold it down. It was very effective and I didn't notice it while riding.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. Think I'm going to give one a try.

If you have a chest protector do you still have to use the strap harness ?

I have never used a neck brace and would like to try this one.

If you have a chest protector do you still have to use the strap harness ?

I have never used a neck brace and would like to try this one.

I am using the SixSixOne Prodigy chest protector. I used it with the Leatt and never used any straps; it stayed in place just fine. I will try the EVS with that chest protector and no straps this weekend and try to remember to report back here.

So no strap's and it stayed put under the roost guard?I wear a EVS flux CP and would love to try the new EVS neck protection.I have the EVS RCII neck protection and love it,stay's put really nice under the CP.It is getting pretty worn out and looking to replace it with the newer EVS.Look's pretty nice!!

OK, I wore it with the chest protector today and it worked great. I am sold on it; I highly recommend it. SO much less money than a Leatt.

Fred, I am thinking about picking one of these up also and replacing my leatt, is this brace more comfortable, how about putting it on and taking off?