Sign in to follow this  

KTM 350 EXC Batterie, Shorai the best ones or other brands available?

Hi,

I´m switching my original batterie for a ligther one in a 350 EXC

I´ve seen this ones from Shorai:

LFX09L2-BS12: (9 amp, 1.27 lbs.) Fits – ALL KTM 250-530, ALL Bergs, ALL Yam WR250/450F, ALL CRFX250/450

and this one that is a bit heavier but they say it´s more reliable market with a Duration Recommendation:

LFX14L2-BS12: (14 amp, 1.68 lbs.) Fits – ALL KTM 250-530, ALL Bergs, ALL Yam WR250/450F, ALL CRFX250/450

I guess the first one if enough but i would like to know about experiences and other options if possible.

Thanks

Tiago

I have the 9amp on my 450 exc-r and it has a significantly higher cranking speed vs the stock battery

I have the turn Tech in my 350, works flawless, and it super light

Mike

Is there a big difference in cost between the Turn Tech and the standard types?

My turn tech 2.5 on my 525 lasted about a year. It never liked whether below 50 degrees and I was never riding in less than 35. I would have to kick the 525 when it was cold out. Then the turn tech just wouldn’t hold a charge any more. I end up putting in the $47 gel 5 amp because the shorai’s were all sold out at the time. I would go with the 14 Shorai they are like $130 at County Cycles. I bought a used 2010 250 xc and it has the shorai 7 amp. This winter will be good to see if it does well in the cold.

Ben

I have the 14 amp in my 07 525 and am VERY impressed. Running a fan etc. and the engine cranks WAY faster than ever before and it easily starts in gear and would crank for days if needed. My bike tends to start up easy but I have demonstrated the battery to some buddies by turning the kill switch off and just cranking the starter for a few seconds. To top it off, they are almost comically lightweight. When you first grab it to install it, you feel like there is no way this is gonna work.

Maybe i will go to the 14A because i have a fan and it´s more and heavyduty one.

Thanks for the help guys 👍

My turn tech 2.5 on my 525 lasted about a year. It never liked whether below 50 degrees and I was never riding in less than 35. I would have to kick the 525 when it was cold out. Then the turn tech just wouldn’t hold a charge any more. I end up putting in the $47 gel 5 amp because the shorai’s were all sold out at the time. I would go with the 14 Shorai they are like $130 at County Cycles. I bought a used 2010 250 xc and it has the shorai 7 amp. This winter will be good to see if it does well in the cold.

Ben

IMO, the 2.5 is too small for a 525. You need at least the 5.0 in the TurnTech. The 2.5 has been working fine on my 250 for over a year so far.

IMO, the 2.5 is too small for a 525. You need at least the 5.0 in the TurnTech. The 2.5 has been working fine on my 250 for over a year so far.[/QUOT

Before I bought it. I called Turn Tech and they said it would be fine for my temps and my 525. The 4ts have a auto decompressor on start up.