Sign in to follow this  

No spark Kx 250??

Need some help on a 2004 Kx 250 I bought used in aug 2011 bike was very clean (paint still on frame where boots rub). Have only run about 2 tanks of gas on bike with no problems. When riding on Sunday I fouled a plug put new one in and ran fine for 30 min. After a break bike started fine and went about 100 yards and died again. Changed plug again and would not start. Checked for spark on 3 spark plugs and have none. Any thoughts????

...kill switch must not have connection to ground.

measure the resistance of primary stator coil and ignition coil...

i have a manual and a multi meter now i just need 3 arms and i will be good. thanx for the info. checked all connections and cleaned with electrical cleaner and still nothing.

Same problem with my friends 04 it'll start first kick but when its hot it won't turn over the spark looks weak maybe a cdi

have my freinds 2002 kx 250 to swap parts with mine. the first part of parts code is a match. the 2nd part is not exact. can anyone explain the part codes to me. example (cdi box 2119-1595 yr2002) cdi box 2119-0007 yr2004

have my freinds 2002 kx 250 to swap parts with mine. the first part of parts code is a match. the 2nd part is not exact. can anyone explain the part codes to me. example (cdi box 2119-1595 yr2002) cdi box 2119-0007 yr2004

2119 is cdi box

every new generation of the cdi gets a new 4 digit number. there is no code...

thanks

2119 is cdi box

every new generation of the cdi gets a new 4 digit number. there is no code...

2002 cdi box does not plug into 2004 bike. have freind with 2004 and will use his bike. cleaned all connections again and still nothing. this bike had less then 20 hrs on it when i bought it. i always have bad luck but will get it done soon. thanks.