Sign in to follow this  

Raced My 2008 This Weekend

After buying the bike this spring, finally got the nerve to race it in a +45 class GP race at Walnut Illinois, Sunset Ridge MX this weekend. I have never raced before but decided to give it a go since my boys were racing. The format consists of 2 20 minute motos through MX track, tight single track woods and a large grass track section with some sand obstacles and back onto the MX track. As a novice novice, I got smoked, but had a huge time and finished both motos. Made my boys happy when on the last lap of 2nd moto I doubled into the finish line section for the first time. The bike was outstanding in plain stock form, wish I would have charged the battery before I left home as I discovered both battery tenders are at home in garage. Fortunately, e-start bailed me out in the woods more than once even with low battery and the bike kick starts with ease once warmed up. Really need to get suspension re-worked to handle my 280lb weight, but will do it for next season. Really glad I found this bike as a leftover this spring, love riding it. Looking forward to more racing for sure. 👍

Congrats! Very brave of you. One day I will do the same.

Very cool.

After buying the bike this spring, finally got the nerve to race it in a +45 class GP race at Walnut Illinois, Sunset Ridge MX this weekend. I have never raced before but decided to give it a go since my boys were racing. The format consists of 2 20 minute motos through MX track, tight single track woods and a large grass track section with some sand obstacles and back onto the MX track. As a novice novice, I got smoked, but had a huge time and finished both motos. Made my boys happy when on the last lap of 2nd moto I doubled into the finish line section for the first time. The bike was outstanding in plain stock form, wish I would have charged the battery before I left home as I discovered both battery tenders are at home in garage. Fortunately, e-start bailed me out in the woods more than once even with low battery and the bike kick starts with ease once warmed up. Really need to get suspension re-worked to handle my 280lb weight, but will do it for next season. Really glad I found this bike as a leftover this spring, love riding it. Looking forward to more racing for sure. 👍

Great job. It can be a handful in the tight stuff and can wear you down quickly at a fast pace but i've found it to be a great racer.

Great job. It can be a handful in the tight stuff and can wear you down quickly at a fast pace but i've found it to be a great racer.

My exact verdict.

Way to Go... on the race, And your bike choice. After a few simple mods, you may place. But most importantly... clearly your a great Dad. (Baxtah bows)