San Antonio riding

Does anyone know of anywhere to ride near San Antonio? Looking for an ORV park or trails. Not looking for a track just somewhere to go have a good time. Saw one on the where to ride but it costs something like $200 a year. I just wanna have some fun.

It's called "The Ranch", this is the info I have seen on the place...

Bring your dirt bikes, four wheelers, rock crawlers..... any thing fun in the dirt...... rentals on site and basic safety equipment (first come first serve)

CALL BEFORE YOU COME!!!!

517 Edge Falls RD

7AM-DARK Friday-Monday.... appoinments can be made for other days over the phone.

From HWY 281 + FM 473 go 7 miles to the town of KENDALIA, turn LEFT on Edge Falls RD (The road next to the Fire station), Go 3.3 miles and The ranch will be on your LEFT hand side.

210-315-2166 for access thru the gate or to let us know your on the way

20$ per adult

10$ per 15 and younger

Look at the top of the page. Where to ride click on tx. zars ranch is in floresville. This is members only but you can be a guest of a member for $15.00 That is what i did. Go to there web site you can ask any of the members to take you.
Cool I'll check it out. I am used to having ORV parks that do not cost anything and you can just go ride in the park as long as you want for free.

Free will be hard to find around San Antonio. However, I am a member at Zars. There is family day coming up this Sunday. For five bucks I can get you in with lunch included. First half of the day is dedicated to family events and etc. Then BBQ plate time. Then the place is opened up for riding. Good place to ride. Like previously mentioned before. The normal guest ride is $15.

Only problem is i don't have a bike YET. Sold it before I moved down here and now am trying to talk the wife to get them again. Trying to tell her there are places to ride that are close other than tracks. So far having a tough time.

^^^^^Tell her that there is a pretty large group that gets together, camps, and rides trails, usually at Hidden Falls. My wife rides, and there are at least 3 other wives in our group that ride. We have a blast, and always welcome new family's into the group. Also there are several kids.

Tried to call that number at the ranch and no answer. Went by for the hell of it and look closed. Ended up going to hidden falls conditions were perfect.

That doesn't surprise me, I think the guy is just getting started. I even heard that there are no well established trails yet, but it was worth a shot to try.

As for HF, I think conditions are always perfect for that place ?, unless it's 100 degrees. We love it up there!! :ride:

That doesn't surprise me, I think the guy is just getting started. I even heard that there are no well established trails yet, but it was worth a shot to try.

As for HF, I think conditions are always perfect for that place ?, unless it's 100 degrees. We love it up there!! :ride:

A little bit further for you is also CTOR. (10 miles west of Salado). It's worth the trip IMO. $20 per day there as well. If you need info on how to go there (when you are not a member) let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a member of DBSA and really like it. It's not as big as HF, but not as many rocks either.

We're going to check out "The Ranch" cause I live fairly close to there. That's a great road for riding street bikes where they are. I'll report back.

Got the okay now I just gotta find a truck. We went out on ATV's and she felt way more comforable on that. So I am searching for a quad and a bike. WOOHOO hopefully soon we'll be back out in the dirt.

:busted: Outstanding!! :busted:

I love going riding with my wife, sure she is slow, but it has been great fun watching her riding abilities progress, and her speeds increase. The last time we went to HF, I got to ride behind her in the group. Let me tell you, that was the scariest, and funniest ? ride I have had in a long time. I never knew a bike could be so out of control, and yet stay going in the desired direction. The whole time I was saying to myself-OH SH1T, Damn how did she save that, Laughing, Yelling at her to slow down, Shaking my head, but being very proud of her at the same time. She has only been on a bike for just under 2 years, and has progressed from her first ride, of dumping the clutch and getting a major case of whiskey throttle and crashing into the side of a house (Never let off until she was laying on her side still seated on the bike, and was laughing)?, to being able to ride with our group at HF on everything but the hardest trails. The best part is she is in love with riding bikes, which makes it real easy for me to be able to enjoy my passion, and share it with her and my kids.:bonk:

Best wishes on your search, and maybe we can get together for a ride someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool thank you. I called over to cycle ranch and they told me that the quads and bikes do not and cannot ride on the same track. If they could that would be perfect.