Sign in to follow this  

2003 RM 250 Finnaly runs

Replaced crank seal, put her back together, changed 175 main jet to a 168, next ill change the 45 pilot to a 42.

after 3 1/2 hours of ridding yesterday the 4-5 hour plug is black, but dark brown in the middle. im going to try a new needle, as mine is in the top position.

felt good to be back on the fastest bike in town! 👍

Don't keep going leaner as the weather is getting colder or you are headed for disaster.

Don't keep going leaner as the weather is getting colder or you are headed for disaster.

i pull my plug all the time, i listen to the bike all the time. i can tell by the sound and smoke if its lean. she still has splodge.

i pull my plug all the time, i listen to the bike all the time. i can tell by the sound and smoke if its lean. she still has splodge.

If you're on it how come you've owned that bike all summer and don't have it jetted yet ?

Just don't cry foul on any TT members if she blows.......

so how was not riding the bike for 2 months waiting for parts you didn't need? just sayin.

you should set your jetting stock, buy whatever walmart 2t oil is on sell, mix it 40:1 and just ride the damn thing. oh and clean the air filter.

The spooge you're getting is probably the residual oil in the pipe and probably from the saturated silencer packing from rideing the bike that rich on the main. The thing that would bother me is the 175 main being in there and haveing the needle clip in the 1st clip, what needle? So the bike was way rich over stock on the main and leaned out 2 clip on the needle.

Everyone else above me has good points also, i'd do ike cwf and go back to stock and start over, reading the jetting sticky up top then reread it and then start the process

so how was not riding the bike for 2 months waiting for parts you didn't need? just sayin.

who said i road it then? where did i state that? i have ridden the bike 20 hours this year, if that.

The spooge you're getting is probably the residual oil in the pipe and probably from the saturated silencer packing from rideing the bike that rich on the main. The thing that would bother me is the 175 main being in there and haveing the needle clip in the 1st clip, what needle? So the bike was way rich over stock on the main and leaned out 2 clip on the needle.

Everyone else above me has good points also, i'd do ike cwf and go back to stock and start over, reading the jetting sticky up top then reread it and then start the process

no, main jet is 168, pilot 45 power 7.0. stock needle, stock power, stock pilot. pipe will be repacked soon. bike has around 7 hours on the plug now. it smokes plenty, i highly DOUBT its starving for oil, im runing it 32:1 on klotz ST.

If you're on it how come you've owned that bike all summer and don't have it jetted yet ?

Just don't cry foul on any TT members if she blows.......

read above statement.

who said i road it then? where did i state that? i have ridden the bike 20 hours this year, if that.

no, main jet is 168, pilot 45 power 7.0. stock needle, stock power, stock pilot. pipe will be repacked soon. bike has around 7 hours on the plug now. it smokes plenty, i highly DOUBT its starving for oil, im runing it 32:1 on klotz ST.

read above statement.

Your 1st post says a 175 main to a 168, if you just now changed it there is alot of residual oil everywhere that has to go somewhere

Your 1st post says a 175 main to a 168, if you just now changed it there is alot of residual oil everywhere that has to go somewhere

i changed it 7 hours of riding ago because 6 members of TT told me to. tribal was one.

i changed it 7 hours of riding ago because 6 members of TT told me to. tribal was one.

which was the right thing to do, you threw me when you mentioned changeing it in your 1st post

OK let me clarify for your motors sake.

In the summer I said I was running a

42 pilot

stock needle second clip

168 main

But it is now getting cold.

Before my motor blew last week (not jetting related) I was running a

45 pilot

3rd clip

172 main

You are already one clip leaner than I was in the summer which is equal to 2-3 main jets. You say you want to go leaner.

What I meant is you have leaned out already, it's getting colder which means richer jetting. So don't keep going leaner while it's geting colder or you are looking for a seized engine.

As mentioned there is lots of residual spooge in your pipe, so spooge means nothing

The plug is not even light brown. i dont know how it could be too lean. the bike dose not accelerate rapidly, nor rev up and down (surges) on slowing down