Sign in to follow this  

TM 250s???

Does anybody know about the tm 250 2 strokes? Its not for me but a mate of mine is thinking of getting a bike and has been offered a tm 250 with a worn clutch and its cheap, obviously the rough has to be taken with the smooth on 2nd hand bikes. Does anyone know how much a clutch for one would cost? I've heard of them and seen them about but never rode one myself and it would be his first bike. Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

My dad used to sell them before we had to close our shop, parts availability really depends on where you are, but I can tell you that they are really fast bikes and not great for beginners.

yeah, good bike but probably not for a first time experience.

We have a 2011 TM 250 SX and it's a pure bred beast! Many parts cross over and I think the clutch is the same as a Honda CR250.

Cheers lads. Its a 2001 model to be honest he's not that serious about riding but he fancies a bike. It has another problem with revving too high, my first thoughts is the air mix screw on the carb or maybe a dirty filter or something, any other ideas?

Cheers lads. Its a 2001 model to be honest he's not that serious about riding but he fancies a bike. It has another problem with revving too high, my first thoughts is the air mix screw on the carb or maybe a dirty filter or something, any other ideas?

might be a blocked idle jet, i'd say the carb just needs a good cleaning. Clutch kit won't cost much more than a jap bike.