master cylinder cap stuck

Hi,

Almost if not all dirtbike mfg has to put lame bolts that is too soft to bur on the heads of front brake master cylinder covers. These seems to get stuck so hard in time its just almost/atmost impossible to unbolts these 2 bolts out.

so how do you guys unbolt these 2 bolts so i may too be able to change the brake fluid of all my three bikes that still has old fluids.

The reason so many screws strip out is you are using the wrong driver. They are not #2 Philips head, the are J.I.S fasteners and you need the matching screw drivers. Even with a fresh screw on your bike as well as a new Philips driver, you'll notice the fit is poor. The impact driver is a substitue for the correct tool.

After you get them out, replace them with stainless steel ones. These are rather expensive for screws, but you'll not strip them again. They also won't rust and shouldn't react with the housing either. Although anti-seize is never a bad idea for fasteners you know you'll want to take out at some point in the future.