Sign in to follow this  

Barlow Trail, DS ride w/pics

I have that same bike.

Beautiful pics. Can you tell us what camera you have and how you carry it? I have been trying to research the best way to carry a DSLR camera on a bike, (i ride more single track) and also how to carry on a snowmachine.

AKM in Idaho

I have that same bike.

Beautiful pics. Can you tell us what camera you have and how you carry it? I have been trying to research the best way to carry a DSLR camera on a bike, (i ride more single track) and also how to carry on a snowmachine.

AKM in Idaho

Some of those are with my iphone and the others are with a Canon 5D Mark2.

If I am just going to ride, I just take my iphone.

But on this trip I planed to shoot lots of stock, and since I was solo I dident have to worry about holding anyone up.

The difficultly of the ride, distance and weather all are factors on how I carry my gear. On this trip I just took one lens and a tripod. I packed the camera in a small padded bag then put that and a tri pod (along with food and water) in a waterproof backpack. If it was a great shot I would take the time to break out my good gear and shoot something nice. If I just wanted to shoot quick and get back on the road I just pulled out my iphone.

I have a few Tamrac camera backpacks, and use them if all I have planed is shooting pics.

Nice camera! What do you suggest as far as a waterproof backpack that would also be used in the winter for snowmobiling?

I have a Nikon D3100 with a 55-300mm zoom lens to carry...

AKM