Sign in to follow this  

what levers??

im between getting the Sunline clutch lever/perch and the works connection clutch lever/perch.. but cant decide 👍

im leanin towards the WC.

anyone runnin any of these, and can you tell me the pros and cons of either?

scratch that, went with the Works connection. still open for debate and if anyone else wants this info.

Edited by AJMAG247

I've had the Sunline Unbreakable levers /w perches for about 3 years or so. I've crashed so many times, breaking my radiators, handlebars, even snapping my triple clamp. My levers haven't so much as bent. Well worth the money imo. Clutch lever and perch was about $150 at the time, and the brake level was about $75. I have a friend who brakes a level almost every time he rides, I keep telling him to get some Sunline Unbreakables, but he's cheap and keeps buying cheap $8 levers. After a year and a half, he's spending more on levers then the Sunline set.

asv is good stuff. made in america. excellent quality. picked up the clutch perch, lever and brake lever for $140.

personally iv used the ASVs for a couple years now and not the biggest fan of them.

i used the ARCs for most this season but without the good perch there not so good.

im gonna give the works connections a shot and see how they are. the ARC front brake lever is awesome tho

Whenever I see people with ASV levers on the starting gate, the levers are always bouncing and clanking all over the place, also, from what I know, they don't push downwards in a crash. Might have changed since a few years ago.

they have 2 perches, the one perch wears out faster then the stock ones but the other perch (ill post a picture of it tomorrow) is actually really good. but the combo causes to much stress on the clutch and burns the clutch out pretty fast.

my new asv pro c6 lever is the best lever ive ever owned. never buy an msr, broke it on first fall. sunline was pretty good, just a little slim for me

I am in the same boat that you were, trying to decide. I am not just in need of the levers only, I also need the clutch perch. They also must have a hot start lever as well. And would like them in shorty length.

Option 1: Sunline V1 Flex Lever with RC3 Perch. Way more then I want to spend, but the lever can fold out of the way to avoid breaking.

http://www.chaparral.../661-24-02.aspx

Option 2: Works Connection Pro perch and lever. This is more in my price range. But, my only concern is that it doesnt fold out of the way and could possibly break.

http://www.chaparral...r/WC16-066.aspx

Option 3: Just buy a stock perch and a Sunline v1 Flex lever and call it good. Probably the cheapest route, but the compatability and the lever might not be perfect.

What do you guys think would be the better option? If anybody has any input it would be great! I am trying to order them Monday. If you guys have any other suggestions let me know.

Edited by mad-man

I have the ASV F3's. Although they were for my 06 YZ450 and fit and worked great. Now I have a 2011 YZ 450 and the ASV clutch lever will work on it but I have to use the ASV universal perch that came wit it. The Lever itself wont work in the stock perch.

The front brake lever wont work either due to the 2011 brake having a pocket for the brake piston to fit in it.

If I were you I would make sure which either brand you got that they had a perch that is not universal cause those dont have a good on the fly tuning knob for adjusting the clutch play.