Sign in to follow this  

2007 rmz 250 oil level

I don't see a sight glass on the bike anywhere.

How do you check the oil level on it, and how much oil goes in the bike?

Thanks.

They don't have sight windows, they have oil check bolts on side of case. I had an 08, took about 1050 ml with filter change. It's approx. a quart. I don't know if 07 is the same. Look it up on google.

I looked it up for you, 900 ml without filter, 950 with filter change. It's still about 1 qt. The 1050ml is oil change for my 450.

On clutch side, you will see a bolt on clutch cover that is all by itself. I dont use it. I change my oil and filter every 5 hrs. and as long as you put in what I said you are good. Start engine and run for a minute to get it warm first, then drain oil. My 08 250 and 450 have 3 points to drain oil, I'm sure yours is the same. You must drain from all 3 places. After draining oil, put oil drain bolts back in, kick bike over 10 times with kill switch button pressed, and drain again. I would buy a shop manual for bike or down load one from internet.

Dont know if different countries/manuals can vary but my info says 950ml as well with filter change

is it just 1 lot of oil for rmz250 2008 or is it oiland filter change as well as gearbox oil

2007 and 2008 is the same bike and i got the 08, in the instructions book it is writed 950ml + 50 (oilfilter) so 1L.

Don't you know where the level plug is?

I just realized I have the 05 manual or at least I think I do. It says it was published in 05. So I have been putting 1.35L in my 07 instead of 950ml.... Is that a bad thing?

2007 and 2008 is the same bike and i got the 08, in the instructions book it is writed 950ml + 50 (oilfilter) so 1L.

Don't you know where the level plug is?

no thats what i want to know is it on clutch side m8

this is one of the things i wish suzuki would change, although it doesnt sound like much, but if i want to keep an eye on the level throughout the day it would be a lot nicer to have a sight glass