Sign in to follow this  

Washington Washington riders that come to Idaho to ride.

Hey Washington riders, I have a buddy coming from the Seattle area to ride this weekend in Boise. Those of you who come to ID to ride what if anything do you have to do regarding the sticker/plate laws between ID and WA?

Thanks,

WB

Isn't Idaho a reciprocal state? As in, they except other states plates, tabs, CWP (this one I know is true) and the likes? He should be OK as long as his Wa. tabs are valid..and have him bring his registration, just in case he needs a sticker for the area your riding.

What part of Id are you in?

Wa plate or orv is reciprocal but WA ORV is not good for road riding like an Idaho restricted plate.

Need a 96 db muffler plus a state park and rec sticker if visit is 30 days or longer.

Isn't Idaho a reciprocal state? As in, they except other states plates, tabs, CWP (this one I know is true) and the likes? He should be OK as long as his Wa. tabs are valid..and have him bring his registration, just in case he needs a sticker for the area your riding.

What part of Id are you in?

Boise.

According to the Parks & Rec. Dept. If you have a current sticker from WA you can ride for 60 day's before you need to register in ID. You also need to carry your registration with you while riding.

Edited by WB450
Had to clarify.

According to the Parks & Rec. Dept. If you have a current sticker you can ride for 60 day's before you need to register in ID. You also need to carry your registration with you while riding.

different requirements for residents/non-residents.

My response is as a non-resident. I acutally buy a State Parks and Rec sticker most years to support the program even though I typically ride 7-14 days in Idaho a year. Some years more -this year much less.

http://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/assets/content/docs/motorbikeregs.pdf

Non Idaho residents can buy Idaho tabs with a washington address. Its in the code for Idaho. Tabs for Idaho are only $12 and money actually goes back ito the fund for OHV.

I wont give Washington a dime and I am still legal to ride in Washington.👍

Non Idaho residents can buy Idaho tabs with a washington address. Its in the code for Idaho. Tabs for Idaho are only $12 and money actually goes back ito the fund for OHV.

I wont give Washington a dime and I am still legal to ride in Washington.👍

I hear you on the political statement but you might do some RCW research on your strategy based on a residency/drivers licensing perspective to understand your full risk -if you get an encounter with an azzhat county mountie.

The "right" way to pull off the non resident idaho stickers in WA is to register the bike to your wife then "borrow" her bike to ride. (If you are doing the street plate thing)