Sign in to follow this  

Jumping whoops

We have a new section of somewhat sandy whoops on our track. the best way to do them according to a local pro is to double in then triple triple out. I'm intimidated since if i double in i kind of have to go for the rest. I might try double double double double at first. My question is, What are key things to know while doing this?

Ohh boy the rhythm section!!! heh 👍

Well, the idea is to first watch someone else do it. See if its possible first and if it looks doable then go for it.

The key is to preload every single lip and to be precise at where you land and when you get on the power. If its properly setup, then there will be enough boost off the lips of the rollers to be enough to clear them properly.

Here is a video from over the summer when they put in one of those rhythm sections a the track I frequent. Its at exactly 3:00 into the video, so you can fast forward to that section if you don't wanna watch the other stuff. It was a tricky section, especially for me because I have whisky throttle issues with my bloody gloves since they stick to the grips too easily. So when I'd go to preload the bike (rowing motion) I'd wind up whacking the throttle open and doing a great big wheely. Kinds sucks when you don't expect it, but it wound up being fun after I figured it out! heh :ride:

http://www.youtube.com/tye1138#p/u/6/e5Yz4rEpNUM

We have a new section of somewhat sandy whoops on our track. the best way to do them according to a local pro is to double in then triple triple out. I'm intimidated since if i double in i kind of have to go for the rest. I might try double double double double at first. My question is, What are key things to know while doing this?

One thing is to spot your landing just before you take off. THen while in the air you have already seen your landing target and next take off point so before you land there spot you next landing and so on. Spot your landings just before you take off. I have found this works really well for all the riders I've helped.