Sign in to follow this  

426/440 kit

What would be a fair, all in expense of having one of these kits installed. Also, are there some kits to avoid? I'm not against doing work I just find things get done within my lifetime when I have it done.

I couldn't say for sure, since I did all the work myself.

I found a good deal on a JE 88mm 11:1 (with gaskets) for $169, Viton valve stem seals for $11, Bored the cylinder at a buddy's shop for an 18 pack of Miller Lite... Great Deal Huh! :ride:

The 88mm is the largest that you can bore the stock sleeve. If you want to go for the 440 kit you will need to re-sleeve the cylinder then have it bored to your new size. (Adds a good bit to the cost)

Sorry that I have no Idea what the total cost from a shop would be. 👍

Perc

Dont worry about cost.Your worry should be that macine shop does bore right.I have seen most machine work over bore,or put sleave in wrong for 440 kit.

Slowjoe, If I remember right you are not far away from me (as in a couple of blocks I believe), if you wanna try out my XR440 sometime I would be more than happy to let you try it out. Last year I installed a bolt on 440 kit I got off of ebay. Probably have about 500 miles on it so far with no issues. I had a guy who rebuilt my crank check the kit out before I installed it and everything was to spec, so it was a true bolt on kit. If you go with the 440 I know a new carb you should install that really wakes it up 👍