Sign in to follow this  

Hodakaguy tanker brace short review

If you 650r owners have the big Acerbis tank this is a must. 65$ to the door. I had a small low speed drop a few month ago. and the radiator cracked a leak right on the mounting point. luckely it was a cheap and easy fix. But after relizing what caused the leak. I started looking around for solutions. Looks like im not the only one. 👍

Hodakaguy Did a phenomenal job on these braces. It fit perfect. Very well made.

the paint looks very high quality like a powder coat. and now the tank is solid even with 36 lbs of fuel its still rock solid. and gives a little spacing so the radiators dont rub, OR get bent when you drop the bitch. Of course now that i put it on ill prob wont crash for a year. and next time i do ill prob forget its even on there. Either way money well spent.

thanks hodakaguy.

If you 650r owners have the big Acerbis tank this is a must. 65$ to the door. I had a small low speed drop a few month ago. and the radiator cracked a leak right on the mounting point. luckely it was a cheap and easy fix. But after relizing what caused the leak. I started looking around for solutions. Looks like im not the only one. 👍

Hodakaguy Did a phenomenal job on these braces. It fit perfect. Very well made.

the paint looks very high quality like a powder coat. and now the tank is solid even with 36 lbs of fuel its still rock solid. and gives a little spacing so the radiators dont rub, OR get bent when you drop the bitch. Of course now that i put it on ill prob wont crash for a year. and next time i do ill prob forget its even on there. Either way money well spent.

thanks hodakaguy.

What, no pic? :worthy:

And, I believe I saw your 650r on CL....what's up with that? :ride:

What, no pic? :ride:

And, I believe I saw your 650r on CL....what's up with that? 👍

not mine. My 650r is the last bike i would sell. I spend so much time on that bike its not even funny.

How did you figure it was my bike? Do we know each other?

i got 1 on my pig.probably has about 1000+ miles of off road use with about 600 paved.amazing fit-probably was welded in a jig to hold it in alignment.i have a mig welder and other tools but i would have used up more than $65 worth of time to make something comparable.iit spaces the bottem of the tank out about 1/2" from the radiators hopefully saving them in a crash or lay over.will be tested some more at lab2v.

not mine. My 650r is the last bike i would sell. I spend so much time on that bike its not even funny.

How did you figure it was my bike? Do we know each other?

I thought you were Jesse from Morgan Hill...a guy I sold some Mohard radiator guards and an E.start to...guess not. 👍

I thought you were Jesse from Morgan Hill...a guy I sold some Mohard radiator guards and an E.start to...guess not. 👍

yea not me. I(m soo far north cali, i see more oregon plates than ca.

Thanks for posting up the review, glad you liked the brace :busted: I just finished a fresh batch, I have braces boxed and ready to ship :busted:

Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy, Do you still have a Hodaka?? My first bike was a 1971 Hodaka 100B+ which I sold in the 70's, bought and restored a 1972 Hodaka 100B+ in 2004, sold it in 2006, I am still sorry I did that,,,,wife said I had too many bikes, down to 2 again with my Buell Lightning and the XR600R. Hodakaharold

Hodakaguy, Do you still have a Hodaka?? My first bike was a 1971 Hodaka 100B+ which I sold in the 70's, bought and restored a 1972 Hodaka 100B+ in 2004, sold it in 2006, I am still sorry I did that,,,,wife said I had too many bikes, down to 2 again with my Buell Lightning and the XR600R. Hodakaharold

I currently have a Ace90 and a Ace100B both needing restoration. I used to have 18 Hodaka's in the garage, listed a couple up for sale and ended up selling the whole works to the guy :banghead:. Wish I had a few of them back! I kept quite a few parts, spare engines etc. I'd really like to find another Wombat and another Super Combat. Great little bikes🤣

We must think along the same lines...I've had a few Buell lightning's and a XRR 🙂 Here's a picture of my last Buell S1 (Highly Modified).

IMG_3696.JPG

buell02.jpg

Hodakaguy