Sign in to follow this  

Safe to ride with one chain tensioner bolt?

I was trying to unstick a chain tensioner bolt on my cr125. I had it loose. I was tightening and loosening and then snap! It broke off even with the swing arm. I plan on drilling it later on but I wanna ride tommorow. So is it OK to ride with only one chain tensioner bolt.

i wouldn't risk it

X2, not worth the risk of damaging a lot of other stuff.

chain tensionr vs leg, swingarm, chain, sprocket, tire

what costs more... pbbbhhhhhttt go for it!

kidding, kidding, dont risk it... legs are really expensive and a chain breaking from awkward forces can rip your leg areas to shreds, soooo yea! 👍

i had a z50 that i rode with a stripped tensioner and the wheel kept cocking and popping the chain. That had 3hp! THE AMOUNT OF TORQUE NEEDED TO KEEP YOUR WHEEL IN PLACE WILL EXPLODE YOUR BEARRINGS, RUIN YOUR HUB AT LEAST. Park it or be sorry

I did this once. the bottom line is, your axel bolt is going to move. I carried tools to move it back on my ride and ended up readjusting the axel about every half an hour. We were not riding hard or doing a lot of jumping. If I were on a track, racing, I would not even consider this. I had broken the adjustment bolt the night before a ride and decided to chance it. I had ordered a swingarm buddy to repair the issue which didn't come in until after my ride. Anyway, not the smartest thing I have ever done but it didn't come back to bite me in the long run.

I have done this and found a bolt the corect length, loosen the axle set the loose bolt in place force wheel foreward thghten axle. This lasted 6 mo and only came out because I deciced to fix it

The only safe way would be to leave your axel nut loose so the your axel can "find it own position" 👍