Sign in to follow this  

California Metcalf Hare Scramble footage 10/9/11

Heres a little helmet cam footage from the primetime hare scramble at metcalf yesterday. for some reason my camera stopped recording after about 6 minutes. i had a great time. thanks to the TimeKeepers MC for putting it on. 👍

what class was that. I recognize some of those guy's from passing them. I ran the vet +. We were the last line. I got 4th. Should have got 3rd but I blew it in the last 50 yards and stalled my bike. The guy on the KX500 Owes me for that gift.

man I wish I entered that! looks like the perfect 1st timer hare scramble! When will the next one be?

Can someone explain the class structure? is vet > intermediate? Is each 'level of skill' split by bike size?

man I wish I entered that! looks like the perfect 1st timer hare scramble! When will the next one be?

Can someone explain the class structure? is vet > intermediate? Is each 'level of skill' split by bike size?

The next one is frank Raines this weekend.

http://www.ama-d36.org/Raceinfo/10182_DeerCreekFlyer2011.pdf

If your new to this you would start in the C class. (A-expert, B-int, C-beginner) Vet is over 30 and is open displacement. They have classes for all, come on out. Here is the site for the other races on the schedule.

http://www.ama-d36.org

prairie City is always an easy first race.

Here is a couple more vid.. From primetime...

my daughter in C girls

Sundays A Vet

That looks so fun, thats the riding i love to do, riding fast on tight trails etc, think i would do good.....

So, how did you do? Video looks good! You passed alot of guy's:thumbsup:

i ended up getting 1st place. i had no idea i was in 1st either until they posted the results, but looking at the video, i think i had the lead 5 minutes into it.

what class was that. I recognize some of those guy's from passing them. I ran the vet +. We were the last line. I got 4th. Should have got 3rd but I blew it in the last 50 yards and stalled my bike. The guy on the KX500 Owes me for that gift.

this was c vet.

The next one is frank Raines this weekend.

http://www.ama-d36.org/Raceinfo/10182_DeerCreekFlyer2011.pdf

If your new to this you would start in the C class. (A-expert, B-int, C-beginner) Vet is over 30 and is open displacement. They have classes for all, come on out. Here is the site for the other races on the schedule.

http://www.ama-d36.org

prairie City is always an easy first race.

cool thank you for this information!

The C starts were awesome!
i ended up getting 1st place. i had no idea i was in 1st either until they posted the results, but looking at the video, i think i had the lead 5 minutes into it.

this was c vet.

Nice ride infamy! Got em by 2 minutes..next time glance at the board on the way through the check...last lap was the fastest:thumbsup:

Can't really sandbag when every one has to start in C class and point out...

Issac I knew you were a Sandbagger:banana: Good to hear you did so well. Hope to ride with you again soon.👍
Nice ride infamy! Got em by 2 minutes..next time glance at the board on the way through the check...last lap was the fastest:thumbsup:

Can't really sandbag when every one has to start in C class and point out...

this was only my second race. i did the pcgp in january and only got 11th, so im definitely getting better and im sure moving up to a 350 from a 250 didnt hurt at all either :ride:

Awesome video 👍, so was it the wire that loked up the front wheel that took you down in the begining or were you hit from behind.

I cant race saturday so i will be running C Sportsman at Frank Raines.

Am I counting advancement points right. If I got 4th and there were 4 trophies I got 2 points, 3rd got 3 points , 2nd 4points, and the guy that won got six points. Yes? Advancement points only.

You guys should take a field trip sometime this winter and come try out a D37 desert race...I think you'll like it 👍

I have raced the Desert 100 in Vantage Washington twice. 100 miles is tough, but at the speed some of these guys run it isnt to bad.

The one with the bigest nuts wins, hold it wide open and run.

You guys should take a field trip sometime this winter and come try out a D37 desert race...I think you'll like it 👍

Yes, the Bomb run (beginning of race) and generally the first loop is fast paced and not to technical. But the second loop is usually technical desert single and two track. And the third loop if you are an intermediate or expert is a ball-buster 👍