Sign in to follow this  

WR 125 -- What to expect?

Hey guys,

I just scored an awesome deal on an a barely used 09 WR125. Unfortunately, no 144 kit.. but FMF turbine core.

I'm coming from a TXC 250 and a KDX 220 prior to that and loved both. I loved the TXC 250 but am selling it to fund for my WR 125. The TXC was rode fantastically for me as it was somewhat easy to ride but could get pretty crazy if I needed to. However, I'm a smaller rider and come from a mountain bike back ground and was really wanting something a bit lighter and more nimble.

From what I've read, it feels very light when riding it.. which is my main reason for picking up this bike. I've also heard it can tractor up hills pretty well and requires much less clutch work compared to similar bikes (KTM 150/250. Any one have experience with a 250 4t or perhaps even a KDX. Will it be a huge difference compared going to the WR 125?

A friend of mine has an 09 WR125 and once you have the jetting sorted they are extreamly good bikes. I have an 08 CR144 and just love how light these bikes are. The WR is a little tammer than a CR and is very good at chugging for such a small motor. I also have a 2010 TC 250 and the WR125 is easier for me to ride in the woods for sure. The Wr handles very well stock and turn easier than the KDX I rode not to mention how much lighter it feels. I once compaired the 125 Huskys to mountain bikes with engines so I think you are gonna like it alot.

However, I'm a smaller rider and come from a mountain bike back ground and was really wanting something a bit lighter and more nimble.

Curious to hear what you think of the ergos. I'm considering a WR125 as well. They sure do sound like fun bikes, although seem to be built for tall folks. I guess one could always get it lowered ...

Anyways enjoy the bike and report back if you will. Thanks!!

I'm 5'8" and love the ergo's of the 09 WR125. It is tall but once you are riding it is the bomb. Probably the most fun to ride bike I have ever swung a leg over.

I'm 5'8" and love the ergo's of the 09 WR125. It is tall but once you are riding it is the bomb. Probably the most fun to ride bike I have ever swung a leg over.
Pretty much!

I'm 6' 2" and my 06 WR125 fits me perfectly. I hop on my '06 YZ250F and it feels like a mini bike. The 125 is just so damn fun.

Here's a video of mine from when I got it a few weeks ago.