Sign in to follow this  

WR1 Suspension in Pacifica Thursday 10/13

WR1 Suspension is coming to our next (PMA) Pacifica Motorcycle Association meeting @ 7pm this Thursday. They will be at the PMA clubhouse (Pacifica Moose Lodge) parking lot Thursday afternoon till late adjusting, revalving and setting anyone's suspension that needs it. Just bring your bike and they will do all the work in front of you!

Don't miss this opportunity to have your bike tailored to you!👍

Steak & beer from 6pm. If you have any questions call Rob, 415-505-5629.

who are they? and what do they do?

Check this link out: http://www.wr1suspension.com/home

I met them a few years ago at a race in clear creek, they worked their magic on my crappy WR450 suspension and turned into better than YZ suspension, they also added their patented anti bottoming valving. In a word AWESOME!

Iv had a lot of suspension guys over the years not only on dirt but road racing aswell and these guys are the only ones I let near my bikes these days.

The really cool thing is they show up at most if not all the district 36, GNCC and pretty much any GP cross country / enduro races throughout the year. Its really cool to come out of your toy hauler early morning on race day to find Justin (WR1) tweaking the settings on my bike for that particular track!

To top it all off they are way cheaper than anyone else I ever got pricing from.

Some people put fancy pipes on their bike or get head work done to try be faster, best way Iv found to be fast is be smooth, this is what you get with these guys!

Holy shit dude! I checked out the link and am very surprised in what I saw. I remember him saying he had some problems with Fox after developing a shock for them they tried to cut him out of the payoff from it. I don't know but I'm thinking there are two sides to every story. I have often called and had to leave a message but he would always eventually get back to me. Since Iv come across these guys they have done nothing but the best of work for me and anyone else I know. I'm really surprised that anyone had a bad experience!

I will however tell him about that post and see what he has to say about it.

WR1 Suspension is coming to our next (PMA) Pacifica Motorcycle Association meeting @ 7pm this Thursday. They will be at the PMA clubhouse (Pacifica Moose Lodge) parking lot Thursday afternoon till late adjusting, revalving and setting anyone's suspension that needs it. Just bring your bike and they will do all the work in front of you!

Don't miss this opportunity to have your bike tailored to you!👍

Steak & beer from 6pm. If you have any questions call Rob, 415-505-5629.

Looks like it's going to be a busy day for WR1 tomorrow!

23289_126213984059134_3601_n.jpg

Well ask away, It was my sons bike and I started the post on NorCalMX.

that's a bummer. i read the thread. how much did that cost you?

Way too much! I could have originally got twice the suspension at Fox for almost half the cost. I was so sold on this "A Kit" and how well it out performed anything out there with this anti bottoming technology. Had Fox Racing Shox do what I should have had done the first time and what a difference!! First ride was yesterday and my son came off the track with a huge smile saying how plush the Fox suspension was. The Fox MXC cartridges and Podium shock are by far the best I have ever installed.

I would encourage anyone who got work done to please leave a comment on this thread or the one on Barf and let us know if you are happy with the way WR1 set up your bikes.

This should give a good indication on WR1's quality of work.

It does appear that the same couple of guys are the ones bashing Justin and a couple of them appear to be suspension tuners, maybe there are some toes being stepped on here!

Never the less, I can only comment on the work he has done for me in the past and it's been excellent! Hence why I called him down for the club.

I look forward to seeing comments on this.

okay, i deleted my prior post. but, i really did like the photos posted earlier in this thread. it was funny. now, the tuners here weren't the ones who harshed your guy. it was a customer of his. and, he used two forums to do so. i'd say he was pissed.

the mc community is small, and when someone feels "fleeced" and, doesn't get their issues resolved, they will vent.

okay, i deleted my prior post. but, i really did like the photos posted earlier in this thread. it was funny. now, the tuners here weren't the ones who harshed your guy. it was a customer of his. and, he used two forums to do so. i'd say he was pissed.

the mc community is small, and when someone feels "fleeced" and, doesn't get their issues resolved, they will vent.

Well put. I am a customer that had a son competing at Dodge Amateur Nationals in 3 classes. We counted and trusted his suspension to work! Well it didn't, his anti bottoming devices (Washers) wedged in the springs and trashed the internals. He would not show up to fix it! Now only now that I posted has he contacted me to solve the issue, great let's solve it. It's called customer service and it's the right thing to do. So as of now, I'm still waiting again for another call to figure out how much he's reimbursing me, which should be every dime including what I paid at Dodge for another company to make it so my son can race.

Edited by mxracermx
spelling

i hope you get your $ back. we had two kids at the nationals this year. both did very well. we tested/communicated before the races, and they did fine. when it's on the line, you have to test, and get the components dialed in for the rider. it's on the tuner and rider to get it right. good luck with your racing.

Me too! He promised to reimburse me and said he will call me to settle up....As usual still waiting for that call....I'm not done until I see my money. Tomorrow I'm posting my experience on other sites in CA and NV to include D36...

Edited by mxracermx
more

My son has used WR1 suspension for the last three years and has always liked it. Sorry Justin has done this to you, but until he screws us over I'll stay put. Everyone has a complaint about everything and if I listened to everyone who has ever been burned by someone in the industry we would be playing golf by now. Good luck!

I'm glad you have no issues with him. Unfortunately for me he has proven to be a person of no character. If I would of heard the stories I heard prior there's no way I would have used him. To bad the damn broke after. In my case all the stories were true because he did exactly what everyone told me he was gonna do.

Id be another that's not happy. My bike is so unbalanced its rediculous. Its weird how every major suspension tuner recommended a 5.3-5.4 rear spring and keep the from springs stock. Instead.. he went with .45s.. down 3 in the front and kept the rear ar 5.7. I talked to the head Yamaha tech for all the dealers and he was even surprised. Im still not using all the front yet it feels like 3 inches before bottoming on the front I hit a brick wall like its bottoming. Not so... and the rear has never came close to bottoming and im pretty sure it should every now and then or come close.. the rear is so stiff I've tried all clicker adjustment he recommended and its still springing up.. all in all it's too stiff. When I blew a seal after I got it back within 30minutes mins. I let him know.. never got a response and decided the b.s. was over and I was done dealing with him... still haven't fixed it but will either try sending it off to mb1 or normal or just sell it. This setup truly has taken the fun out of it.. stock was really good but I figured it could always be better... that's what I get for thinking. Worst investment i've ever felt with.. there was also a rumor going around that garrahan was running a stock yz setup with wr1 stickers.. I believe it when comparing stock vs what I have now. You know when break something and your pissed at the world that you have to spend more money to get it back to the way it was... that's how I feel ... sorry for the typos.. trying to do this on my phone.