Sign in to follow this  

suspension revealve on my 2008 rmz450

recently had a big name suspension shop revalve my 2008 rmz 450 ....overall i am pretty happy with it but i feel it could be plusher thru the braking bumps ...i was thinkin of swapping to a softer pressure spring but dont know how much better it would be,.....they installed 1.78 pressure springs i was thinkin somethin in the 1.6s i am 160 lbs without gear .45 springs in the front 5.2 in the rear valved for a vet b rider it was initially sent to me with my stock .47s in it and a 5.4 rear contrary to what they told me on the phone...i tried it with the stiffer springs and i had to go 20 clicks out on the compression damping from their initial 14 clicks and 2 clicks softer on the rear ....swapped the springs out much better but like i said the forks could be better im running 106mm of sag ....and 16 clicks out on the forks now....what direction should i be goin in? have them soften the inital valving or try swappin the pressure springs to something softer?

both ways will make a difference , the pressure spring difference is very small , so IMO you need less low speed valving