How to "thank" a fellow MX dad?

My sons have been riding at their friends' backyard motocross track this summer. It is a great track, borderline professional. The dad has all the equipment to build/maintain the track and really isn't interested in outside help. I'd love to "repay" the family (without offending them) and am looking for hints.

My kids are very well behaved and the other family enjoys them. We always do the verbal "thank you", plus a thank you card, track snacks, etc, Additionally, I have sent them a ton of digital photos of their kids riding.

(I have always heard "$5 a tow" as a guideline for wakeboarding behind a friends boat. Is there any similar guide for riding at someone's private track.)

Thanks!

You might explain your desire to contribute to the cause, and just ask. If they still don't need anything, get 'em a subscription to Racer X, some MX related publication, or instuctional MX/riding DVDs. If its in the budget, maybe even a go pro camera, for mounting on helmets. Wish I had your neighbor....

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone has given great advise! Every since my son started racing, he has several friends that have joined in and seam to be at our house every weekend. I spend as much time workin on their bikes as i do our own. Their parents are very good about buying the parts they need, bring food for after practice, and cold beer for their FREE MECHANIC. We now have become great friends and go to races together and have big dinners at the track. Motocross families are great people and I cant think of a better thing to do with friends and family.... Track owners enjoy seeing the younger riders, it strengthens the sport.. Treat them well, and make sure you leave their track better than you found it..

Every time I've done something nice for a fellow racer in return the dad usually says... "Thats Fu(king SICK BRO!!" But.. then again I drive out to the Inland Empire to go racing so... I'm bothered by the measures of return I.E. $5 a tow or whatnot... Just do what you would want done to you, sometimes that's just a good ol hand shake and a proper Thank You. I'm happy to help and sometimes people return the favor or do something cool.

In your specific case.. IDK, send someone over to service his tractor? Or give them some fuggin Target gift certificates.. I would be stoked!

^ yea! if they dont like burritos or the more advanced bbq stuff, a big ol' T-bone will usually be a BIG thank you! (especially if it's good)

I second this, I don't know anyone of my friends who would turn down a grocery bag full of meat.

I'm sure there's some wierdo's out there that would be offended by this, but they're no friends of mine.:busted:

+2!!! Sometimes I take my smoker to the track and fire it up early in the morning, fill it with brisket and ribs that were marinaded up the night before. At the end of the day, a big fall off the bone dinner always gives you the KING title at the track! Also, If you fish or know someone who does, have a fish fry, with Squaw Bread its great too...

+2!!! Sometimes I take my smoker to the track and fire it up early in the morning, fill it with brisket and ribs that were marinaded up the night before. At the end of the day, a big fall off the bone dinner always gives you the KING title at the track! Also, If you fish or know someone who does, have a fish fry, with Squaw Bread its great too...

after reading your post you could get an invatation to my place, does that include sauce.

damn it i m in the s.w. part maybe when we get back on daylight savings time you and your kids and the smoker can come down. we will be racing at my place in late spring early summer, if we don t have another drought. we went from july 010 until oct. this year without a drop of rain. maybe you can bring your family down and spend a weekend.