Sign in to follow this  

09 questions

i did a search and didnt find out any problems except for the suspension. i have a chance to get a 09 with after market suspension. he said it was never re mapped as well. what else is wrong with the 09's since i cant find much on these bikes? thanks

My local dealer suggested that I always have an extra fuel pump in the event that it went out. I did not buy an 09, but that is what I was told.

I also heard that the injectors can get clogged if you don't keep the fuel filter cleaned out, but that is not something I would worry about. Good luck!

My local dealer suggested that I always have an extra fuel pump in the event that it went out. I did not buy an 09, but that is what I was told.

I also heard that the injectors can get clogged if you don't keep the fuel filter cleaned out, but that is not something I would worry about. Good luck!

ok, thanks for that info

Think i have putted about 40hours on mine and have never changed anything (except airfilter, oilfilter and the oil.) or had any problems with it. A great bike!👍

ok, now i have to figure out what mapping is all about. the guy said the bike was never mapped and im not sure what that means. never worked or owned a fi bike. i ride mostly single track and trails. guess i am gonna have to map it whatever that means

mapping just changes the power curve to the way you want it

ok, so most likely i wont like it til i map it. i believe they come mapped for track use.

I own a 2009 CRF450R, a 2006 KTM 450EXC, and a 2012 KTM 300XC-W and the CRF is not well suited for tight single track. The principal concern is the lack of "off-idle" engine stability. In particular, the bike will "cough" and die if you try to lug it. I have had Eddie Sinsneros (www.sisnerosspeedworks.com) dyno calibrate and re-map the ECU and that certanly improved the "cough". In the desert or on a track this behavior is never an issue. In summary, I would encourage you to look eleswhere for a sight single track machine.