What Exhaust for Crf150R

Hey wondering what what be the best exhaust pipe for my 08 honda crf150r, i'm looking at either a Pro Circuit T-4 or a Yoshimura RS-2 ALUMINIUM. I will just be getting the slip on coz i don't have the cash to get the full system. I want a exhaust that will give me better grunt from low to mid range or just all around good response

thanks

we bought a drd basically for the spark arrestor...the whole system was cheap....after running that and going back to stock it doesnt seem like it is worth the money from a performance standpoint.......after reading some of the others comments on this board the aftermarket pipes just dont do a lot for this bike...the stock system work pretty good

All slip ons are for a SA or the bling factor. None will out perform the stock and none will make or shift power. Most will reduce power. MRD header is a good buy unless your running always on top end. Spend the money on a header or save $$ for something else like suspension, cam, HC piston and head work. Honda made the best exhaust for this motor, loud but great all around performance.

None of the slip-ons do a good job at looks. A FMF Mega Bomb header looks great on the bike. I think the stock can with anodized body and cap would look great. Add in custom lazering of your number and race team would stand out. Cost the same as aftermarket but total bling without the loss of power.

Yep, you lost about 3-4 ft. lbs. of torque on bottom and added 1-2 hp on top. Mid was a bit smoother than stock but smaller. Correct??

Unless you're a "A" class racer, your lap time were slower or unchanged.

Hey weantright, are you sure on the loss of 3-4 lbs of torque on the bottom? They only have about 11 lbs stock. That would be about a 30-40% loss. That's pretty massive.

What I have experience is a stock 2008 CRF150rb at 22.3hp and 11.4ft. lbs. torque. Aftermarket pipes drop the torque to 7.9-8.3 ft. lbs. and adding 1-2.5hp on top. Only pipe that felt stronger on the low end was a MRD which made my son wheelie easier. He pull a KX100 out of a turn for 2-300 feet into the next turn. Now some aftermarket's were better and loss less. Yosh and PC were amoung the biggest loosers however were some of the biggest gainers on top. If your rider knows how to ride, and rides carries momentum, then some aftermarket will be faster. For the $$ on a stock bike it's just not worth it. The head on this motor flow too much for the 149cc. Add in the hi flow stock exhaust which is not the limiting part, not much is left on the table. Now if you mod the head for better flow for the 149cc, exhaust options are better. How many people will put $1000 into a head??

Thanks weantright.. I run a DMC. He say it adds bottom and mid, with the top about the same. This what I want. I haven't been over there to dyno it, but hopefully during the Thanksgiving break I can make it over there.

Edited by socalxr